Exercise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an indoor rabbit 9 months old. She goes outside and runs a bit but not much at all. She doesn't have free run of the house. Besides a tunnel are there any "things" I can buy or make to encourage her to play more?

She has the 2nd biggest dog crate and an exercise pen. I am planning 1603766469801.pngon making something bigger for her as she needs more room.

What type of toys does she have? Does she have a specific type of toys she likes?
She has destroyed or had no interest in the toys that she has had. She liked the wooden ball type but they were $10 and she destroyed them within a day. She likes the oxbox toys that are wooden and have things hanging on them...but she destroys them and they are $20. She likes the dog interaction toys where she slides things over for a treat...she broke it. I need to find something she cannot destroy or make on my own:)

I make these 3 homemade woven rings out of tree branches and weave them all together (I'll send a picture later when I can get to my phone). Theo really loves them and it keeps him busy! They are super easy to make and last a long time, too. I buy toys in bulk, so I just bought these woven mats for $20 (in bulk that was $1.74 per mat) and it came in a pack of 12! I also buy woven balls in bulk because it is cheaper than buying them individually. I get nice large untreated willow laundry baskets from Antique Stores for $15, and they last so long!

How big of a permanent space does she have (ie. how large of an area does the ex-pen make for her)? If she has sufficient space, she will hop about when the mood strikes. Seldom do bunnies seem to want to play on our schedule.

If her space is large enough, you can put cardboard boxes with doorways and cardboard or cloth tunnels in the space. Switch them up and change them around every few days. They enjoy exploring so doing this can give them something to do and keep them interested.

Attachments

• boxes fun orange border lower res.jpg
    boxes fun orange border lower res.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back