Exciting news - for me at least 😆

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just have to be patient. They are one of the very best rabbit rescue centres in the UK. They are extremely busy so won't always have time to answer messages. If they said you could drop him off on a certain date, you will just have to see who is there then and who Apollo likes. Perhaps the other bunnies have gone to people who had an earlier bonding date.
Yeah, i totally get that. It's just a little unfortunate. I'm still super excited to get the rabbit and to see who Apollo likes, as it'll be great for him to have a friend. I'm just not very used to the process. It only took about a week to get Apollo - but I know that the RSPCA has a larger amount of employees and the RRR is a private rescue and only has a few

Sooooo... I’m getting her tomorrow morning! But I don’t really have anything for her. I made some treats for her, I got her a bed, and we have a few bowls. But we don’t have many new toys for her. Or anything like that. As I’ve realised Apollo already has two of all his things. Two hidey houses, two litter boxes, two bowls, a veggie plate. Stuff like that.

do I need to do or get anything else?
I feel like I suddenly got very nervous about getting her. Anything I need to know?

I would clean all of Apollo's stuff so that it doesn't smell like him anymore. If you bring them home and the place smells like Apollo, he might start re-claiming everything and she might feel threatened.

I'm so happy for you! You have to send pictures! 😍 What have you named her?

I would clean all of Apollo's stuff so that it doesn't smell like him anymore. If you bring them home and the place smells like Apollo, he might start re-claiming everything and she might feel threatened.

I'm so happy for you! You have to send pictures! 😍 What have you named her?
I’ll definitely clean everything tomorrow once I’ve dropped Apollo off. I’m getting the rabbit tomorrow but kind of not because they’ll be bonded at the rescue.

I’ll send pictures tomorrow (ofc!!). And still no name yet - I’ll decide in a few days 🥺

Okay! So i just got back! I honestly love the Rescue! The volunteers were soo friendly and sweet! One of them showed me pictures of her own rabbit at home.

After my visit, I have three rabbits in mind now, I don’t think any of them are the same from before (Yasmin is)

Apollo is now at the rescue, he’ll be there for a week or two. I really want him to choose Sunday (the grey one) but I also love the other two, it was so hard to choose my favourite. Who do you think he’ll choose?

I do have a few questions about Sunday though, which I’ll put in a new thread

Attachments

• 80ADB855-95A4-4271-89CB-82B23874BF80.png
    80ADB855-95A4-4271-89CB-82B23874BF80.png
    896.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 2C90506A-B35B-4F14-8972-0039FDFFF1CA.png
    2C90506A-B35B-4F14-8972-0039FDFFF1CA.png
    629.3 KB · Views: 4
  • CC2D914B-9232-46ED-BEFA-60A6B8D0783D.png
    CC2D914B-9232-46ED-BEFA-60A6B8D0783D.png
    955.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I just picked them up! She’s super sweet - she has helicopter ears and really big feet 😂
I’m renaming her Athena - so we’ll be working on changing her name. It won’t be too hard as she doesn’t know that she’s Sunday. She’s surprisingly the dominant one in the relationship - so all my assumptions about Apollo were wrong (despite him being more dominant at the beginning).
They’re really sweet together, although it feel a bit strange. She’s eating tons and she’s been happily hopping in and out of their litter tray. I don’t have any pictures of them at home (if you use Instagram, we post all the time on our story @thegreekbuns), but here is the one from the rescue.

Attachments

• 18AF126A-D595-4BF6-A876-3115037CBD63.jpeg
    18AF126A-D595-4BF6-A876-3115037CBD63.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back