Exciting news - for me at least 😆

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
If everything goes to plan, I will be getting a new rabbit on the second week of September, literally weeks away. I know that I’ve made a quite a few posts about getting a second rabbit already, so, sorry to bore you! But after a really really long time (I’ve been looking since my birthday in May!), I’ve found a rescue who is still rehoming rabbits, is close enough to london, and who has females available. I’ve inquired at quite a few rescues and have had some problems due to covid, but I’m so so excited for September now! Although, ‘school’ starts then also, which is not so exciting.

I’m just waiting to hear back from the rescue to confirm the dates.
At the same time as being excited, I’m also super nervous, I’m going to have to drop Apollo off that same day for a week or more, for them to bond him with the new rabbit (thank you @Diane R for advising that though!).

The way this rescue works is that I will bring Apollo on the chosen date, pick a rabbit on that same day, and then they will bond them. So at this moment in time, I do not know which rabbit I will be getting but I do know some that I like! I will definitely be posting more on the subject, so try not to get too bored 🤣

Another random thing: it’s 3am, and there’s a spider in my bed instead of myself, because I tried to kill it and I thought I did but then it crawled on me and I felt sick and I felt bad because I tried to kill it. Don’t question my thought process 😆

Oh, wow! Rabbit Residence Rescue? I am so excited for you!!! Hope it all goes well.

Sooo, the 12th is now booked which is exciting.

The rescue has quite slow communication and it has been worse recently, which I have no idea why. It took 3 weeks for them to answer an email I sent them, when it had usually taken 4 days.

It has also been quite hard to understand what’s happening and what the process is, as they don’t properly answer my questions but that’s fine, I’m probably just asking too many 🤷‍♀️

But anyway! Three-ish weeks till we pick Mr Apollo’s friend!

I’m a little annoyed. The rabbits that I liked and wanted (I had three in mind) have all been adopted. Which is great, I’m sure they’ve gone to good homes. But I’ve been inquiring about them since mid-June, and at first the response was ‘we have no spayed females’. Then it was ‘they aren’t available for reserving’. I asked them to let me know when they were going to be available, and they said okay.

Its not that bad, I’ve got a few more that I like. And hopefully they aren’t adopted by the time that we go. And I know that it’s meant to be about who Apollo likes also, but it’s just a little annoying.

Anyway, only a few weeks to go

Aww, well hopefully there will be more that you and Apollo can agree on. I hope that the communication gets better, and y'all end up with the perfect rabbit for you! Can you send pictures of the ones you are interested in? I want to try to guess who Apollo will pick!

Aww, well hopefully there will be more that you and Apollo can agree on. I hope that the communication gets better, and y'all end up with the perfect rabbit for you! Can you send pictures of the ones you are interested in? I want to try to guess who Apollo will pick!
Sure. Guess away! Also, the ones in the first picture, the reason they don’t have arrows is because they’re males.

Attachments

• 8D79CB83-77FD-4FEE-8D4B-1BAF05937DBC.jpeg
    8D79CB83-77FD-4FEE-8D4B-1BAF05937DBC.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 8
  • CFE5D903-FA1F-4CFD-BA9A-3280C20B5E4C.jpeg
    CFE5D903-FA1F-4CFD-BA9A-3280C20B5E4C.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 8
  • C0FD91A6-7BD8-4E6C-88ED-BBB4E4874AB5.jpeg
    C0FD91A6-7BD8-4E6C-88ED-BBB4E4874AB5.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 7
I’m a little annoyed. The rabbits that I liked and wanted (I had three in mind) have all been adopted. Which is great, I’m sure they’ve gone to good homes. But I’ve been inquiring about them since mid-June, and at first the response was ‘we have no spayed females’. Then it was ‘they aren’t available for reserving’. I asked them to let me know when they were going to be available, and they said okay.

Its not that bad, I’ve got a few more that I like. And hopefully they aren’t adopted by the time that we go. And I know that it’s meant to be about who Apollo likes also, but it’s just a little annoying.

Anyway, only a few weeks to go
You just have to be patient. They are one of the very best rabbit rescue centres in the UK. They are extremely busy so won't always have time to answer messages. If they said you could drop him off on a certain date, you will just have to see who is there then and who Apollo likes. Perhaps the other bunnies have gone to people who had an earlier bonding date.

Latest posts

Back