ever wonder if the low-cost spay/neuture programs lie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorguarder08

Reaction score
So around here we have a low cost spay/neuture program that helps with low income people since my mom is on food stamps my cat and tays cat got fixed for free well the problem is apparently my cats hernia has suddenly become "life threatening" now hold on she has had this for 2 years almost all her life she got it when she was 2 months and now she suddenly has a staff infection and the hernia is life threatening yeah having difficulty believing this the hernia doesn't even hurt the cat I can press on it with no problems she won't even look when it's being pressed on.

Why was the hernia not fixed when the cat was fixed? This is especially easy if youre doing a spay, and if youre able to poke it in and out like that, its not good. Id question why the vet didnt fix this when they had her open, its a quick simple fix, and this would have nothing to do with the spay/neuter program, but with the vet themselves. Often those programs may be willing to help with such surgerys as well as spays and neuters.

Find another vet.

they told her they couldn't do it cause it would take to long. she was fixed this morning so they told her that she needed to be taken to the emerancy animal clinic tonight and have it taken care of. So I went in there without my cat brought the papers talked to them they themselves told me that the hernia COULD be life threatening but since the cat has had it for almost all her life and it was due to being attacked by my dads dog when she was 8 weeks and I had to pry the dogs mouth open and she was dropped on a brick walk way thats how she got it but thankfully the only SERIOUS injuries she received was the hernia and an infection. that I didn't even know she had until she was dripping pus which I was able to squeeze out and clear up within 2 days and haven't had any problems since. but she seems to be recovering from the surgery ok was difficult giving her the pain meds and stuff. I think thats partially my fault cause I forgot to watch her claws yeah not so smart.

Latest posts

Back