Ever get the feeling you're not alone?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
I'm chagrined to learn that some of our babies have joined Buck Jones in heaven.

That said, I'm wondering if any of you ever get the feeling that your little buddy stops by for a visit, or you catch something from the corner of your eye, or hear a sound that your baby used to make.

I know that there are times when I feel Buck Jones very strongly. Also, when my precious cat, Cypress, died, for months, I'd hear the sound of him jumping from the roof down onto my porch like he always used to.

Do you ever have such a thing happen where you feel their presence?

Wow, Carolyn - it is so strange that you posted this!:shock:

Just today something like that happened to me; I was chatting to my friends during lunch break and suddenly had the strongest feeling that Ruby was there. And it wasn't just that I was thinking about her (because honestly at that moment in time I wasn't), it was more like her presence was surrounding me so strongly that it was like she was right there beside me.....I can't quite describe it, but it was very strange and very special.:bunnyangel:

I know there are people who don't believe there is anything "after" this, but I can't see the energy just going away when our bodies die.

Personally I have a Christian faith. That said - I do believe that I have seen and felt various animals and people around.

I also thoroughly believe that we have our "pets" for a reason and they are meant to be ours.

I said "no" to about 10 bunnies the kids wanted at the fair and when Mrs. Branham pulled out a little boy Palomino I still said no..... he was cute but....... then she handed me an almost identical little girl.... and it was like something in me said "there ya go - she's the one" and I had NO plans of another rabbit at all! I had been "given" 3 just a couple of weeks before that I turned down. A BOB lilac english spot one of them....

Oh wow - what a great thread for me right now.

As some of you may know - in January we lost GingerSpice....and for quite a while my family worried about me because I sank into a depression and could not seem to get anything done other than feed and water bunnies.

A few days ago - within 2 days of each other- Puck - and SugarBear passed away. Those three were very close when they were young (they were all born close to the same time and they spent a couple of months having playtimes together because Ginger was too young to get pregnant and they weren't fighting, etc).

My husband thinks I have an overactive imagination...but I 'felt" Ginger there when both boys passed. Their passings were pretty calm too compared to some rabbits I've lost.

I can't explain it - but it was like she really was there - right in the room. I felt her shortly before they died and for a moment or two after they died.

There was also one night when Tiny came running into our bedroom and took a running jump onto our bed (it sits off the ground a ways) and he stayed there for a bit. I felt like she was in the room then too....just her...and me.....and Tiny. He stayed on the bed for like 15 minutes and let me pet him and he kept looking around.

I don't think I'll ever forget that dream I had just before Ginger died...I was holding her in my arms - knowing I was going to lose her that night - and we were napping together. I'm going to copy it here for those who haven't read her bridge thread...(I wrote it to Pipp in a PM before doing Ginger's tribute).

I will share wtih you what happened here - it is going in her tribute - near the end.

I've never seen such a passing before. She and I curled up and slept together. Somehow, in my heart of hearts, I think I knew she would be gone by 4 am.

I had finally settled down and was sleeping deeply when I had this dream. Ginger was laying in her recliner and just chatting away with me in a little girl sing-songy voice....about how the rabbits in the rabbitry think this...and that and the other thing. She was telling me her thoughts on Tiny and Miss Bea and how she was glad he still had girls to comfort him. This went on for a few minutes when I realized (I'd had my back to her) that this wasn't just going on in my mind - Ginger was actually TALKING...

I looked at her and said, "Wait....we have to show this to daddy..." and I grabbed her little basket and took her out to Art. Meanwhile, she's just chattering away quietly to herself....and Art is distracted on the computer or something and I'm like, "Art you have to hear this....Ginger is self-aware and talking!"

Finally - her chattering has him turn around. She looks at him and she looks at me and goes, "Of COURSE I'm self-aware mom. I'm a BUNNY! Dad knew that all along...didn't you?"

Then she gave us her wink she sometimes gave...

... and I woke up.

I said her name and she halfway opened an eye and winked at me a bit and I said, "Momma will be right back....I love you." and I ran to the bathroom.

I was back less than 90 seconds later and as I wrapped my arms around her, I realized that while she was breathing slowly - she was gone. What had woken me up - was when she peed and pooped in the towel....as part of dying.

I laid there and kissed her on the nose and said, "you little twerp....you peed on me once again.." and I cried.

And I swear Pipp - in the back of my mind - I heard her say - in a sing-songy voice..."But of course I did mommy. I won!"

And she was gone...

As a very conservative Christian, I have no problem with my belief that I will see GingerSpice again and I have no problems with the belief that she has come back at least three times to be here when she was needed. I don't know why she came back the time Tiny came and jumped on the bed....but she was there. I felt her. When Sugar and Puck died - she was there then too....

It scares me to think about when Tiny passes someday....but somehow - I think she'll be there then too...

Peg

Peg, what happened with you and Ginger gives me chills whenever I read it. I do wholeheartedly believe that both our pets and our human loved ones don't leave us when they pass on. To me it feels as though they are in another dimension, but they are always here in spirit. It used to bother me after my mom passed away that I never felt her presence, but then it did happen one night, about three or four years ago now. I was so distraught, lying on my bed crying, and suddenly something happened...some sort of 'shift'...and I felt as though there was a multitude of angels in my room, right there with me, and I could feel my mother's presence as well, comforting me in my pain.

Must admit I haven't sensed the presence of too many of my pets who have crossed over, but some of them have come to me in dreams. They would be in my arms, or they would be leading me somewhere, as happy as they were in life, ready to share their love.

And then there was Raph. He came to me in a dream a few nights before he passed, and I saw him lying on his side, struggling to get up. I recall telling someone that he couldn't walk, couldn't even lift his head, when suddenly up he got, wobbly at first, and then he began running about and playing, so joyful and happy. That dream actually helped me make the decision to end his life, as I believe he was telling me he was okay with it, and that he would be allright, no matter what.

But from the moment he left, I have felt his presence with me every day since. I don't 'sense' his physical being, but it is like he is within me, part of my heart, and he has been guiding me along. It is because of this that I no longer mourn him; instead, I feel great comfort whenever I think of my boy. I will always miss his being here in the physical, but he continues to be here in spirit, sharing his love.

Honestly - it gives me chills whenever I think about it or reread it.

Ginger's presence was so real to me that morning that she left. I think I shared this later in her rainbow bridge thread - how I came out to the dining room and Tiny and Miss Bea were BOTH sitting near the foot of my desk staring up at the place where she lived in her basket during the day while she would be with me. They sat there for a bit and then suddenly they both turned and hoped away. But they were both looking at the same spot...and at the same time they hopped away, I felt an emptiness....as if someone had left the room. It was....freaky.

After she became ill, GingerSpice and I connected in a way that I have not connected with anyone - not even Tiny or Puck....and at times I almost want to say I was closer to her than Art because I could talk to her and she'd listen and just wink at me or stare at me.

The dream I had of her though...just brought me so much comfort. I've dreamed of her a couple of other times since then...usually if I was napping during the day and feeling stressed. Once I could've sworn she came up and bumped me on the shoulder and taken off running....

I do believe I'll see her again....

Peg

Bassetluv wrote:
Peg, what happened with you and Ginger gives me chills whenever I read it.

I KNOW we're not alone. ;)

Carolyn:
Remember I told you that I keep having a dream that I want to tell you about?
I had it again.

It's that painting.
It's a very comforting feeling.
If you could lean into it and look to the right.....you'd be amazed at what (or "who") you might see.

JimD wrote:
I KNOW we're not alone. ;)

Carolyn:
Remember I told you that I keep having a dream that I want to tell you about?
I had it again.

It's that painting.
It's a very comforting feeling.
If you could lean into it and look to the right.....you'd be amazed at what (or "who") you might see.

You have to fill me in, Jim.

And who did you see? Buck?

Here's the picture for those that haven't seen it.

windsea.jpg

For some reason - the forum won't allow me to download photos - can someone post it for me?

Pretty please?

Peg

You will all probably laugh at me for posting this, but I'll share anyway. I laughed when it happened (after I stopped crying).

Toby's death hit me very hard. He had been perfectly healthy and he went very unexpectedly.

I couldn't bring myself to take his cage down, so I just cleaned it out, closed it upand left it standing in its place.

About a month after Toby passed, one single Toby poop appearedin his cage, on the second level (his favorite spot).

I know thecagehad been thoroughly cleaned because I did it myself. There was not even a stray hair left in it and no other rabbits had been allowednear it.

I had been really upset and crying every day upuntil that point. I think it was his little way of saying "I'm okay Mom. I'm at the Bridge.You can stop crying now".

Snuggys Mom wrote:
About a month after Toby passed, one single Toby poop appearedin his cage, on the second level (his favorite spot).

I know thecagehad been thoroughly cleaned because I did it myself. There was not even a stray hair left in it and no other rabbits had been allowednear it.

I had been really upset and crying every day upuntil that point. I think it was his little way of saying "I'm okay Mom. I'm at the Bridge.You can stop crying now".
Who would have believed that a single bunnie poop could be so beautiful?:D

Buck really reacted to that picture, Jim. I'm not surprised.

Laura, do you think that was his way of saying that you're a little s**t? Seriously, I remember when you told me that story and I just love it.

Steph, we'll have to pick up our ghost stories discussions again. They were fun!

Bunnys_Rule: That doesn't surprise me at all. I'm so glad you were open enough to feel her presence. Don't second guess yourself. It surely was her visiting, I'm certain of it.

Bo, I couldn't agree more with all you had said.

TinysMom, what a dream! God, Laura's getting poops, you're getting urinated on - who would've known.

I saw Wicked, the musical on Broadway in New York this weekend and before Dorothy "dropped in", the animals could talk and were able to get around just like humans. Loved that concept. Who would've guessed that one of the reasons why the Wicked Witch became so wicked is because she was an animal rights activist!

Thanks for helping TM out, Pipp. No stories to add??

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
Laura, do you think that was his way of saying that you're a little s**t?
:grumpy:

:brat:

Dat not nice!

Well....the message was pretty obvious!!! :laugh:

Bassetluv wrote:
But from the moment he left, I have felt his presence with me every day since. I don't 'sense' his physical being, but it is like he is within me, part of my heart, and he has been guiding me along. It is because of this that I no longer mourn him; instead, I feel great comfort whenever I think of my boy. I will always miss his being here in the physical, but he continues to be here in spirit, sharing his love.
This is so beautiful! :pink iris: I missed it earlier.

Carolyn wrote:
Bassetluv wrote:
This is so beautiful! :pink iris: I missed it earlier.

I agree. I also think this is how it is meant to be. We should feel them around us in spirit - but I think people get to caught up in "stuff" to pay attention.

That would bring me to a whole different discussion on why some of us (most of us on this board I would think) have a deeper relationship/feeling for our pets. I think we are just more "in tune" with things.

Latest posts

Back