Eurovision

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnys_rule63

Reaction score
Who's watching?:DI am so not looking forward to our entry this year - the song is sooo cheesy! I have been pleasantly surprised so far though with the entries. Not as funny as last year (remember, was itFrance or Spain, when a dancerfell over?! ha ha:biggrin2:) but the quality seems to be better. I've never even heard of Azerbaijan, but I quite liked theirs!;)

Ireland didn't get in :( Even though we were ment to come fourth in the whole of the competition but as usual the neighbouring countries voted for eachother.

That was the best Eurovision ever, I actually voted, lol!

Jade was fantastic, I don't really like the song but she has an amazing voice, and for UK to come fifth was great for a change!

But I absolutely fell in love with Alexander from Norway! :hearts: He was just fab, I watched the semis and he's been my favourite since then so I was soo pleased he won! :D I also really liked Azerbaijan, and a few others.

Gracie I thought RoI may have gotten through the semi final, but unfortunately their show was very tough with a lot of great songs in it (whereas imo the first semi was rubbish). I wasn't fussed on the Irish entry though thb, but a lot better than the Turkey last year. :shock:

But overall there was very little gimmicky stuff this year, and it actually was like a song contest, even the little countries that normally vote for their friends were giving Uk and Norway big points, political voting much less of a factor. :)

Yeah I thought that Michaela, I think the new voting system really helped. This year was the first in a while where the Eastern bloc didn't dominate the leading spots. I think it's pretty amazing that the UK came fifth when we came last in 2008!

I was worried it wouldn't be as funny without Terry as the commentator, but I have to say I did find Graham Norton quite funny!

Oh - and I thought the guy from Norway was really cute as well! ha ha. I was wondering if that was just me.;)

Some of the acts were really bad though and still got in, like in the one Ireland was in practically all the countries that got in were former Russian countries or close to them, all voted for eachother.

Yeah, unfortunately that is the way with Eurovision though. It will always be a bit political no matter what we do. This year was definitely much better than last year though.:)

Did anyone watch that programme where they picked our Eurovision person? I only watched the first show, but wasn't itAndrew Lloyd Webberwho went to Russia and asked Putin if they would stop voting politically, and he was just like "well...it's the people's vote!" ha ha. As if that was ever going to work!;)

Gracie have you seen this ? RoI came 11th - tough draw! :( And poor Serbia came 10th and didn't get in!
I don't want to argue but the 10 that got through semi final 2 were Norway, Denmark, Greece, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Moldova, Albania, Ukraine & Estonia, and then Croatia, but they came 13th so I think they were picked some other way. But most of these weren't former Russian countries, there's always going to be a few Russian countries there is a lot of them! :p And I quite liked Ukraine and Estonia's songs, quite surprised how badly Ukraine did in the final.

Actually I didn't think there were any really bad acts at all this year, makes a huge change. Except I really didn't like Bosnia, I don't think they were bad though, I just didn't like them. And Finland maybe.

Graham Norton did a pretty good job I agree Jess! I bet Terry Wogan is kicking himself now though, the year he leaves UK comes 5th! I never liked his commentary anyway.

Latest posts

Back