Essential oil diffusers ok??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulubooboo

Reaction score
Just wanting to know, are essential oil diffusers ok to use in the same room as bunnies live in?? I've tried to read up on it, but I can't find an answer. Some say never use it, others say just don't use tea tree or eucalyptus oils. Is it ok to use, for example, ylang ylang? I love it, my the bunnies room is starting to stink like hay and vinager, diluted in water and sprayed on the floor, less pee accidents. I would really like some answers! Thanks I advance!

I have a diffuser in my room because Theo's hay smells so strong. I only use half the amount of essential oils suggested, and only use lemon, lavender, or peppermint oils. Rabbits have very sensitive respiratory systems so always be cautious when using diffusers and don't use any oils that are too strong.

It is not worth the risk. Especially given this is entering their airway which bypasses any of the bodys natural ability to filter bad stuff out.
We do not recommend the use of any EO's here.
Thanks for your opinion!! I use my diffuser at most once a week and they don't seem to have any problems. I used to use it almost everyday when they first moved in but then realized it might not be great for them. They both seem alright!

I think it’s important which essential oil you are using. Essential oils can be dangerous in the fact they contain impurities and pesticides. Go to essential oils and birds Facebook group and they talk a lot about the dangerous and how to choose a safe essential oil. You want to look for 100% organic essential oils with a brand that does outside testing with third parties and post their results.
hope this helps!

I know this is weird, but sometimes if you have a lot of herbs it masks the smell, leaving a good sweet smell, I believe this is okay as the herbs are made for rabbits, (WKR)

Latest posts

Back