Escape Artist

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I had barricaded the stairs on our deck and moved all furniture around the railing. I had spent almost 2 hours with Lucy outside. I had the door open. I thought she was safe. I looked out and she was gone. I called and looked all over the house. I went outside. A lady was taking photos of Lucy under a tree. She said she wasn't sure what to do because she knew this wasn't a wild rabbit. I picked Lucy up and let the lady pet her. I can hardly believe that Lucy could squeeze under or jump up under our railing but she had to do one or the other. She weighs 9lbs. She had to jump up on the railing. , which is a good 4 feet. My goodness.

They are really good escape masters and lucky that nothing happened with Lucy. Myself have trouble keeping Toste indoors without him escaping 🤣

I also had trouble keeping Storm in his pen in the shed the other day. Locked his pen up for the night, closed the shed door and went back inside to catch some Z's. Came in the next morning and found Storm just lounging on the shed's floor, munching on the hay thst had fallen down.
I had no idea how it happened but my guess is that he was able to squeeze his tiny growing body out underneath the door and wall of the pen, jumping out.
When he was inside, he thought it to be a good choice to sneak into the chimney vent, lucky i could still tug him by his foot and tail to make him back out.
Musti did that once too, but dad found him grazing outside, looking quite perturbed. It seems he'd gotten curious and squeezed his way out one of the gaps in the planks. He didn't seem to fit back in so he opted to waiting outside near the main door.

They sure know how to get into and out of places they shouldn't and should be. They're full of mischief and surpries!

They are really good escape masters and lucky that nothing happened with Lucy. Myself have trouble keeping Toste indoors without him escaping 🤣
It scares me when I cannot find her inside. She has by chance figured out how to open her crate.
I also had trouble keeping Storm in his pen in the shed the other day. Locked his pen up for the night, closed the shed door and went back inside to catch some Z's. Came in the next morning and found Storm just lounging on the shed's floor, munching on the hay thst hsd fallen down.
I had no idea how it happened but my guess is that he was able to squeeze his tiny growing body out underneath the door and wall of the pen, jumping out.
When he was inside, he thought it to be a good choice to sneak into the chimney vent, lucky i could still tug him by his fokt and tail to make him back out.
Musti did that once too, but dad found him grazing outside, looking quite perturbed. It seems he'd gotten curious and squeezed his way out one of the gaps in the planks. He didn't seem to fit back in so je opted to waiting outside near the main door.

They sure know how to get into and out of places they shouldn't and should be. They're full of mischief and surpries!
I would be so scared to have a rabbit in the chimney vent! I get scared of Lucy sneaking outside. My kids sometimes leave the door open, especially if they're just coming into grab something. I used to have a hamster and she got out 3 times. Once I looked for her for 9 hours. I found her in our basement, nineteen our kitchen cabinets and in my car in the glove compartment. Animals are sneaky.

Yeah, i managed to see and react before Storm could completely sneak in. I tickled his foot and he came out, started shaking and cleaning himself. He must've realised where he'd been-covered in dust and ashes!

Latest posts

Back