Ernestine's Not Feeling Well....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Buck, she's gorgreous. I love thecross on her ear. Is she feeling any better. I know you both have alongdifficult road ahead of you. May God lighten the load and shorten thetrip for both of you. I have faith Ernestine will be ok. But you, Mrs.and Ernestine will continue to be in our hearts and in our prayers. Welove you.

Consideryourself hugged my friend.

Tina & Jeremy

dajeti2 wrote:
Oh Buck, she's gorgreous. I love the cross on herear. Is she feeling any better. I know you both have along difficultroad ahead of you. May God lighten the load and shorten the trip forboth of you. I have faith Ernestine will be ok. But you, Mrs. andErnestine will continue to be in our hearts and in our prayers. We loveyou.

Consideryourself hugged my friend.

Tina & Jeremy
I hope that Ernestine feelsbeter.

jer

Thank you all once again.

As far as her present condtion goes, she still acts a little woozy attimes, but is eating hay as I type, ate a few greens, and a fewpellets...everything is in baby steps and without animation.Vet and people here who have experienced similar reactions in their ownbusnssay it take several days before semblance of normalcyreturns.

Vet and others have tried to reassure me that there is no accurate wayto predict an animal's sensitivity to the ivermectin, even individualsof those "types" and species that may be prone to it, may exhibit noreaction at times. I've likened it to driving oversome one. You didn't mean to do it, yet you were responsiblefor it nevertheless.

Vet said out of date ivermectin, in this instance, was a positivefactor as it reduced the potency of the substance. Somebodywas sitting on my shoulder with that one, because I had two tubes in mymed kit and I randomly grabbed the one that proved to be out ofdate. The other tube was not out of date and effectivenesscould have produced disastrous results!

Thank God!

Buck

Buck, please don't blame yourself. Youdid absolutely nothing wrong and in fact was only trying to help her.Both you and Ernestine have a guardian angel watching out for you. Ilook forward to the day that I can look and see that she is 100%. Untilthen my friend, I hold you and Ernestine in my prayers for you arealways in my thoughts and in my heart. You truly are the bestBunny Dad I know.

Tina

Well it's good to hear she's eating, even if it'sonly small amounts. As you said it's all about baby steps, and as longas she keeps taking steps in the right direction, there's no stoppingher!

Take care,

Lyndsy

Aww Buck, we all know you had good intentions foryour baby girl... I am sure she knows this as well, as youare her daddy and she knows you are her shelter through rough times..

I think the thing you feel most bad about is this little girl looks upto you and runs to you when in need, and you,feel thatyou have done wrong.. No need to worry, because she,knows that you are her protector and that you would not harm herintentionally..

I have a very good feeling that she is going to weather this out, and be the baby girl you know and love, in no time.. :)

Give your Baby girl a big huggles from me, as I am sendingGigantic huggles for you, her and themisses..

She is one beautiful baby girl!! :D

Dear Buck,

Something was said tonight that I feel I need to share withyou. As you know, Jeremy and I have been checking here oftenfor updates on your girl. We have hoped and we have prayed for her andfor you.

Carolyn posted a picture of dear Ernestine. When Isaw the cross on her ear I knew you had one special girl on your hands.I read your post and I couldn't stop crying. My heart broke at thethought of you blaming yourself and just that you had to go throughthis.

Jeremy heard me soy aww and asked what I was awwing at. I toldhim Ernrstine has a cross on her ear. He said let me see. Ishowed him the picture. Jeremy said" See mom God touched her. She isgoing to be fine." He also said God saved her. She was almost poisonedmomand here she is a few days later and she's already eating on herown.

I had to stop and think about that for a while. Buck, I have tosay I believe it completely. I only hope this brings you a small amountof comfort as it did me. We Believe Ernestine is going to be ok.
Love Always,

Tina & Jeremy

dajeti2 wrote:
Dear Buck,

Something was said tonight that I feel I need to share withyou. As you know, Jeremy and I have been checking here oftenfor updates on your girl. We have hoped and we have prayed for her andfor you.

Carolyn posted a picture of dear Ernestine. When Isaw the cross on her ear I knew you had one special girl on your hands.I read your post and I couldn't stop crying. My heart broke at thethought of you blaming yourself and just that you had to go throughthis.

Jeremy heard me soy aww and asked what I was awwing at. I toldhim Ernrstine has a cross on her ear. He said let me see. Ishowed him the picture. Jeremy said" See mom God touched her. She isgoing to be fine." He also said God saved her. She was almost poisonedmomand here she is a few days later and she's already eating on herown.

I had to stop and think about that for a while. Buck, I have tosay I believe it completely. I only hope this brings you a small amountof comfort as it did me. We Believe Ernestine is going to be ok.
Love Always,

Tina & Jeremy

Beautifully put Tina. You have a very mature and wise son there (obvhis upbringing :)).You have summed up just about what I wasthinking, but put it better then I ever could have. Thanks.

Buck still checking up on here regularly on news on the baby girl. Ihave a good feeling about this though and just pray that my feelingsare right!

Vickie

Thank you all once again for the wonderful andheartfelt comments. No real big change here since yesterdayhealth wise, but this morning about 4:00 A.M. I brought her into bedwith me and snuggled her up to me and under the covers.

Due to her decreased activity level, she stayed. Sometime, after 7:00A.M. I got first ever kisses from her, after being here with us forover six months! That was a very touching moment for me.

Buck

You've got a special girl there who knows who loves her!!!!

She's telling you not to "wear the Hair Shirt", too!!(a very wise and caring person told me about this ;))

Continued thoughts and prayers sent your way.

:~) Jim

Buck, bunny kisses are special at any time, but Ithink these first Ernestine kisses must be the best of all - she knowsyou are helping her, and is showing she appreciates it - justlovely! I am so pleased she is continuing to improve -keeping you all in my prayers.

Jeremy and Tina - I love that "God has touched her". I found that very moving! - Jan

Latest posts

Back