Ernestine's Not Feeling Well....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Buck! Bless your heart!!!! I'm so in distress over this.

I hope and pray and Ernestine is much better now. Sherman andI send prayers and positive thoughts your way.

Hi Buck,

Kathy said she thinks that charcoal is the antidote for ivermectin overdose. Might want to ask the vet about it tomorrow.

Hope you, The Missus, and Ernestine and the rest of the bunnies in the yard get a good night's sleep.

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn :)

I looked up some info on the activated charcoal:

"Activated charcoal is usedorally to prevent the absorption of various toxins (e.g. insecticides,aspirin overdose) from the stomach and intestines. It must be givensoon after the ingestion of the toxin/poison. It is not an antidote andother supportive care and medications may be needed for the treatmentof the poisoning."

http://www.brentwoodpetclinic.com/veterinarymedications.html

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/substances_view/1,1525,832,00.html

Pam

Thanks Pam! You're The Best. :)

She was unsure and as you know, she has her own bunny crisis going on,but she was onto something as it should be given just after ingested.

Very interesting.

-Carolyn

Oh Buck, I am just seeing this. How is Ernestinedoing today? Poor girl, but please don't feel guilty about this - youare such a wonderful bunny daddy and I know she is in the best handsfor getting her well again. I will be keeping you in my thoughts andprayers. - Jan

How is our little girl doing today?

Me too. I was thinking about them as I fell asleep last night and woke up this morning wondering how they are doing.

Buck, I couldn't get you and Ernestineoff my mind last night. I truly hope all is well. Sending healingthoughts and prayers your way for Ernestine.

Tina

My note this morning from The Missus. (She calls Ernestine, Petunia).

Hi Carolyn!

I am sitting here at the computer in the office (and I use that wordloosely) when I hear this "chomp, chomp" sound coming from Ernestine'scage. I carefully glance over to her and see that she ischewing on a lofty - yahoo! I don't dare move too manymuscles for fear of discouraging her, and then watch her move over toher treat bowl and take a few bites at the romaine lettuce - not much -but she did manage to get some in her.

So, I think maybe she might need water other than her sip bottle - so Iget up from my chair in slow motion and glide into the kitchen to gether a small bowl of water. As I am coming around the corner(again very slowly and carefully) I witness the Petunia taking a fewtugs at the hay in the hay rack. I stand there almostparalyzed not wanting to disturb this process. She does do acouple of chews from the rack and then settles back into her bulletposition. She doesn't have much interest in the water in thebowl, but I am leaving it there anyway.

-Carolyn

Carolyn -- you have no idea what a relief it isto hear such good news this morning!!!!!! I don't want to getoverly optimistic, but from what I've read, I believe a relapse isunlikely. I hope it's onward and upward from here!

Thanks for letting us know,

Pam :)

(ps --Matthew's fish was really dead this morning :()

Thanks for the update Carolyn. I too have been thinking and wondering.

DidKathy know how long it would take for the Ivermectin toleave Ernestines systom? When would it be likely when we could say,"yes now shes out of thedanger zone?"

Is Buck and the Missus taking her to the vets? When you speak to them again send them my love.

Vickie

Thanks for telling me about the fish, Pam.

You were the first person I thought of outside of Kathy and Tina as toconcern for how Ernestine is doing. Buck was sleeping whenThe Missus wrote this note. I, too, am hopeful that we're outof the woods, we just hope that there's been no damage done to thebrain. Then again, with the blues, we probably couldn't tellanyway. ;)

I'm sure our Dear Friends, Buck and the Missus, will be able to breath again today after Little Miss took a nibble.

Your advice and Kathy's were a God-Send and very comforting to Buck andThe Missus. Will give you an email or a call when Ihearback from Kathy.

Thank you, thank you, thankyou.

Tina,

I know how hard you take these things as well, so I'm glad that we don't have 'bad' news for you too.

-Carolyn

DaisyNBuster wrote:
Thanks for the update Carolyn. I too have been thinking and wondering.

DidKathy know how long it would take for the Ivermectinto leave Ernestines systom? When would it be likely when we could say,"yes now shes out of thedanger zone?"

Is Buck and the Missus taking her to the vets? When you speak to them again send them my love.

Vickie
I shall give them your love. It could take up to a month forit to get out of her system. When her normal eating habits,and behaviors start coming back, then I think we'll all be able torelax and take a sigh of relief.

Unless Ernestine is much improved, they'll take her in to have her checked just for their own piece of mind.

-Carolyn

Thank you Carolyn. I've been so worried.I can't tell you how good it is to hear that she is still slowly butsteadily improving. I just hate that this had to happen to Buck& Mrs.Buck and Ernestine. I will continue to pray.

Tina & Jeremy

I'm just catching this.

I'm sorry that you're going through this, but I'm sure that Ernestine could not be in better hands.

Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Keep us posted!!

~Jim & the crew

I also pouredmycup of coffee and fired up the 'puter first thing to checkon Ernestine right away this morning. Perhaps all the prayers and lovesent her waywill work a little magic. Thanks for the updateCarolyn. Waiting to hear something after the vet check. I think it hasto be a bit of good news that she is trying to eat something.

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back