Eragon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peapoo_bunny

Reaction score
I just got done reading Eragon by ChristopherPaolini and thought it was really good. It took me less than a week toread it becauseI couldnt put it down. I saw the movie today,and i thought it was good but nothing near the book of course.. Ivegot Eldest now and im starting to read it:)

anybody else read Eragon? what did you think? really good book orreally dumb book? so far everyone ive talked to said it wasdumb:?

oh well, im still a fan:D

I love the Eragon books!

I think that they arent very original, but I still love the story.Also, as an animal lover, I think its easy to buy into the bond betweenEragon and Saphira.

Eldest is wonderful as well! I cant wait for the third book.

Oh, and I thought the movie was terrible. I was soo geared up for itfor months and was very disappointed. Someone on rotten tomatoesdescribed it as like watching a renaissance fair stage performance ofstar wars :) It was awful though. Not true to the book at all. It feltlike someone read the cliff notes for the book and made a movie basedon that.

ugh.. I seriously almost walked out halfway through the movie. I guessIve been spoiled with recent movie adaptions of popular books (harrypotter, lotr, narnia)...

hmm... i thought the movie was pretty good:dunno:... even though it was way different from the book:(..

if i hadnt read the book first i wouldnt have known that Aryawas an elf... i never heard them say it in the movie and her ears werenormal:?

the movie just skipped through alot of the good stuff that was in thebook... and the herb woman angelawas nothing like i picturedher when i read the book

yeah, I felt like it was really geared towards ayounger audience (lots of girls were giggling and very excited when theEragon actor took his shirt off :D).

And they made a love story out of Eragon and Arya which wasnt in thebook. She pretty much denies him the entire book (er books, you'llsee..) and was supposed to be in a coma during that whole journey afterher rescue from the Shade.

Also, the last fight seen on the dragons wasnt in the book either. Theyjust skipped soo much of the good stuff that made the book great. Iheard the author wasnt involved at all.

I guess I just had very high expectations ;)

yeah there were alot of changes.. kind ofdisappointing if you've read the book... but if you havent then it wasgreat... my brother saw the movie (he hasnt read the book) and lovedit... also i dont remember anything about Saphira almost dying at theend and brom wasnt in it very long..neither was mortagh:(

I have read the books (a couple times) but havenot seen the movie. I do want to see it though because Ithink any movie with a Dragon in it is worth seeing :)

LOVE the books though... it never came to me reading them that theywere so similar to *Star Wars* but I can see it now. Itdoesn't take away from my enjoyment of them though. I lovefantasy, dragons and unicorns and talking animals. :)

Latest posts

Back