Equine Fresh... Do I need a screen?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mardigraskisses

Reaction score
So I bought a huge bag of Equine Fresh from the TSC.

Only $6 for a 40lb bag? :yes:

Every now and then he nibbles at his Carefresh but when I used Yesterdays News he never touched it.

I have some hardware cloth in the shed but it's such a pain to cut. Do I need to put a screen over this?

Hi there!
I don't use any screens with my guys. Usually if I just put a large handful of hay overtop of the litter, keeps them busy and avoid litter munching/digging!
The only reason you may have to look at using a screen is if he decides to start digging in his litterbox, but I haven't had too much of a problem using wood pellets with digging!

Aren't wood pellets fabulous? I definitely wouldn't use anything else! :)

i only put a screen for my one rabbit cause she likes to dig in the box, put other then that i too put hay right on top of the pellets

I just find it's so much easier to clean with the screen. I clean the soiled litter every morning and then just lift the screen to clean the poo poo's a few times a day.

Very easy.

Susan :)

I am quite impressed with this stuff. And Bayou doesn't dig it out! :biggrin2:

Only problem is that now my room smells like saw dust.

Better than urine though, I suppose.

I recently switched to Cozy 'n' Fresh, also from TSC. (Mine doesn't carry the Equine Fresh, but this stuff is the same thing, by the same company.) A bit more expensive than the Equine Fresh, but still half the price of Feline Pine. :)

I use boxes with screens, but only because my bunnies would dig out the dirty litter and throw it all over their pen.

I actually like the sawdust smell!

Latest posts

Back