Enough already--get the politics out of here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just saw an ad at the top for a survey if you support Trump--click on the "YES" to take the survey and then get hit up for a donation. I thought he was self made and doing so well that he shouldn't need in my pocket. Thought I had a sanctuary here from all the political drivel that's only gonna escalate--oh well, guess I'll get a lot more reading done as "T V is a great wasteland" but I was hoping for no toxic politics here!

I don't really know what's going on in your politics there and i really can't tell about ours as frankly i'm pretty uninformed about it.
But i'm curious if you're willing to explain to me about politics over there without the toxicity that most people hate!

I suspect that the site uses Google ads, so the person running it doesn’t have much say over what ads are run. Trump has been doing a lot of campaign ads in all media so he is pretty Hard to avoid.

my advice, just ignore it. Win or lose, it will only last until November.

It also depends on your location and on what other sites you visited recently, Google just offers you something based on your interests

I use Scriptblock, I don't see any ads or such stuff at all :). I put google "untrusted", I always get kind of a shock when using another computer, about the amount of ads, tracking, data gathering, well, it's so wiered everyone else thinks that is "normal" :D. Can live well without a smartphone too.

I use Scriptblock, I don't see any ads or such stuff at all :). I put google "untrusted", I always get kind of a shock when using another computer, about the amount of ads, tracking, data gathering, well, it's so wiered everyone else thinks that is "normal" :D. Can live well without a smartphone too.
I only use google for the bare bones minimum that i need (mostly mail service) as i also hate the trafficing that guugl does. Sadly youtube is also a part of google that i use every forthday or so. I use duckduckgo and have an active adblocker on. I always like to delete my web history once a week or more often.

I just hate all the run up ads and such that will be going on--mostly implication and untruthful suggestions from everyone running for anything. What I really take exception is the people I know that are so braniwashed that they believe all the baloney they "hear" and their vote nullifies mine as I verify before voting and try to elect the person that will serve the country best, not self-serve.

Could somebody brief me in on what you're going through over there? I live far across the ocean so i don't really know but i'm curious.

As far as I know, no politicians have any rabbit based or directed policies. Beyond that... do we really want this forum descending into a flaming zone?

As far as I know, no politicians have any rabbit based or directed policies. Beyond that... do we really want this forum descending into a flaming zone?
I haven't heard of such fancymen either. And no, i don't want it to escalate into a flaming zone. I appreciate the info given to me by fellow members(just want to be more aware of the world) but i don't want it to become spoiled.

Sigh...

The upcoming election is basically a moratorium on President Donald Trump’s first four years in office. The issues are COVID-19, Russia, the Economy, Bill Barr's DOJ, and Police Brutality.

Just having a bad day today, but thankfully I don't see any politics in ads.

Last edited:
I don't see any ads on RO. I thought they aren't shown if one is a supporting member?? (But Larry is a supporting member.)🤔

Maybe it's my ad blocker softerware then?

For those seeing ads, they usually are custom to correlate with recent searches. So ads I would see won't be the same as others.

Could somebody brief me in on what you're going through over there? I live far across the ocean so i don't really know but i'm curious.

US politics have become very charged with emotion. Very vocal (and often offensive) people on the extreme ends of the political spectrum seem to have taken front and center. Social issues are back in focus, with protests (both peaceful and otherwise) taking place in many cities.

The proliferation of social media over the last decade has likely played a big factor in the changes we're seeing today. The platforms are built for likes, shares, images, and videos. Coherent, substantive discussion with others seems to be a thing of the past... or at least confined to a small number of places like RO :)

The COVID-19 shutdowns have probably played a role, too. Lots of people lost their jobs. Others have been forced home 24/7 for work and/or childcare due to school shutdowns. These changes have been hard. Heightened anxiety, frustration, and anger find easy outlets online... or outside, in large groups, protesting for something.

Much of what's been going on in the US as of late isn't really new. It just seems there are more people yelling loudly about things today than there were, say, 10 or 20 years ago.

M
I don't see any ads on RO. I thought they aren't shown if one is a supporting member?? (But Larry is a supporting member.)🤔

Maybe it's my ad blocker softerware then?

For those seeing ads, they usually are custom to correlate with recent searches. So ads I would see won't be the same as others.
Probably is the adblocker software. I'm not a supporting member but i still don't get any ads because i also use adblocking software and ESET software is also guarding my devices...

I suspect that the site uses Google ads, so the person running it doesn’t have much say over what ads are run. Trump has been doing a lot of campaign ads in all media so he is pretty Hard to avoid.

my advice, just ignore it. Win or lose, it will only last until November.
It totally depends on your locality and area. The google ads algorithm shows different ads to different people based on their interest, search history and most important the location. As of me I don't see a single ad related to it since I am using this platform. So just ignore it, I don't think you or anyone can help it.🙂

Right now, there are 3 ads--one in the right upper corner and 2 below what I am now typing about whether the media is fair to Trump. Almost all the Covid updates have been full of campaign rhetoric, "President Trump is doing such a great job!" If so, why are the numbers thru the roof and still climbing? Really liked his reaction to his statements being called out and "fact checked"--reaction, just like your average bully, "they aren't being fair"--remember in January, Covid is a "HOAX!" and we don't need the pandemic response team, a part of Homeland Security anymore. My favorite is how it's always someone elses fault. My favorite part on the TV control is the mute button, and we record most of the stuff so we can fast forward thru the commercials--can defeat it there but thought I wouldn't have to see it here, times 3. Actually times 5 as there are 2 more as I scroll up to the top. Begs the question, "how much is too much?"

I haven't heard of such fancymen either. And no, i don't want it to escalate into a flaming zone. I appreciate the info given to me by fellow members(just want to be more aware of the world) but i don't want it to become spoiled.

Better to point somewhere where it doesn't matter anymore, if you want to get an impression about what the fun is all about, read there: (Model airplane forum)
https://www.rcgroups.com/life-the-universe-and-politics-22/
@Nancy, I really like Scripblock, takes some getting used to, but for me it's worth it. What's the point of having a big screen when 3/4 is covered in clutter anyway?

Latest posts

Back