EnglishLops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gypsy wrote:
OHMY , I want I want I want , oh wait Now I soundlike Tina lol (* no offense Tina *) lol ,they are just hte cutest babies, My Daughter has an Elop who got gender bended , ( was gotten as a she), Nadi seems more puppyishthan even Flemish . I just love the breed they are such smartrabbits.
yes, I think they're pretty clever sometimes.

I am just now getting experience with sexing them. I've sexed other animals but find the rabbits a bit tougher. I think I have it down right now ( I hope!) I found some good pictures on the 'net and went from there..

dajeti2 wrote:
I love this baby. They are all cute but this little oneis calling my name...I want I want I want.

bt1.jpg

:love:

group1.jpg

group7.jpg

I love that little black one and the one in front in the second picture.

Otis said he really wants to meet...
dahlia.jpg

Tina

thanks, well, the first picture is funny, he looks a little like a sea, and in the second and third pictures is the bunnie that has the airplane ears right now.

cirrustwi wrote:
I don't raise them, but I do have a6 month oldopal E. Lop buck. His name is Cedric. He's thebiggest doll.

Those Velveteens are adorable!! I'm so in love with the thought of that combo....E. Lop ears and Rex fur...

Jen
Cedric sounds pretty, I love the opal colour , I haven't seen any pics of opal ones, do you have one of him?

I think the bunnies have more e-lop fur than the mini rex fur...I guess it's hit and miss til down the road.

Raphael is gorgeous! That's to bad about his legs, do you have to treat him with meds for it? I'm sorry to hear that you lost Scooby, I can empathise, I've lost pets and it's hard. it was devastating, I had chinchillas and a couple of pet prairie dogs that passed away.:(

I had looked for English lops on and off for a few years and then finally posted on a mailing list and asked if anyone had them or knew of a breeder that did. I was very lucky, and from then eventually was able to find a couple of other people that raise them. I had gotten one girl from an ont breeder but she has since quit raising e-lops.

The broken black girl that you like is Dahlia, she's a character and loves to cuddle.

Thanks Connie...Raph is definitely my baby. He has been helping me to cope with losing Scooby...he snuggles with me in the evenings, and today I was trying to get him to play with me. He finally caught on and was doing tiny little mini-leaps in the air (his leaps are limited because of his joints), jumping and twisting his head around at the same time, when he suddenly caught me by surprise...sprayed me! Little stinker got me full force too.

Fortunately, Raph doesn't need any pain medication, unless one of his legs goes out of joint. It's only happened twice so far in the six months or so that I've had him...the first time wasthe day afterhe was shipped here from the breeder, and the second time was back in the summer when he panicked and ran too quickly. Oh,and Raph originally came from a breeder who was getting out of e-lop shere in Ontario too...I bought him from a second party who had purchased several of this woman's rabbits. But I never did have a lot of luck in finding breeders in Canada...I posted in a couple of rabbit sites, went through a breeder's directory and tried contacting onee-lop breeder after another. Most of them either a) didn't ship; b)were having problems with litters and had none to offer;or c)didn't respond to my emails (this was the most common result of my searches).

I definitely have a soft spot for the breed...Raph has turned me into an e-lop devotee. ;)Oh, and check out this site if you haven't heard of it before...I love the sweatshirts and mugs that have the e-lop pic on them:

http://www.cafepress.com/shop/animals/browse/Ntt-_Ne-10036_N-3097+20970052+10040_pp-3_Ntk-All_nr-1

Bassetluv wrote:
Fortunately, Raph doesn't need any pain medication, unless one of his legs goes out of joint. It's only happened twice so far in the six months or so that I've had him...

I'm glad that you've been able to share Raph's story with us.I remember your concerns at the time you got him and how this would affect the quality of his life. Raph's story is such an inspiration and will really help those facing the same situation and exploring options.

Pam

Bassetluv wrote:
Raph certainly is an inspiration...I am simply his messenger... :)

~Di
Oh, that is so sweet.

It sounds as if Raph is really enjoying life now. I am so pleased he came to you. I am sure knows how you have been feeling, and is doing things to cheer you up - he is such a special boy :)

Jan

yikes, I knew if I went to the link you posted, I'd end up buying something. lol ....

There's another good site called kritters in the mailbox and there are a lot of different kinds of animals items you can buy.

http://www.krittersinthemailbox.com

It's great that Raph is cuddly, that's one thing that I really love about rabbits! It's always so cute watching them mini-leaping, I find the babies spend most of their time in the big ppen running and leaping a lot. so far I've been lucky, I haven't been sprayed by a rabbit, but I have been by achincilla a few times,,

as far as shipping, yes, I know, a lot of breeders won't ship. I've found it to be about 50% I've talked with.I've shipped animals for years and the animals have been fine. Usually though, I go with Westjet, as their cargo is temp controlled and the cargo men are very careful, at least at my cargo bldg.

I am lucky too, that I live close to the airport..if I stand on my sidewalk, I can see the planes coming in for a landing!

I know when a person e-mails me, I always respong whether I have babies available or not. I find it annoying when people e-mail to enquire about animals don't email back.

Connie

Thanks Connie...Raph is definitely my baby. He has been helping me to cope with losing Scooby...he snuggles with me in the evenings, and today I was trying to get him to play with me. He finally caught on and was doing tiny little mini-leaps in the air (his leaps are limited because of his joints), jumping and twisting his head around at the same time, when he suddenly caught me by surprise...sprayed me! Little stinker got me full force too.

Fortunately, Raph doesn't need any pain medication, unless one of his legs goes out of joint. It's only happened twice so far in the six months or so that I've had him...the first time wasthe day afterhe was shipped here from the breeder, and the second time was back in the summer when he panicked and ran too quickly. Oh,and Raph originally came from a breeder who was getting out of e-lops here in Ontario too...I bought him from a second party who had purchased several of this woman's rabbits. But I never did have a lot of luck in finding breeders in Canada...I posted in a couple of rabbitsites, went through a breeder's directory and tried contacting onee-lop breeder after another. Most of them either a) didn't ship; b)were having problems with litters and had none to offer;or c)didn't respond to my emails (this was the most common result of my searches).

I definitely have a soft spot for the breed...Raph has turned me into an e-lop devotee. ;)Oh, and check out this site if you haven't heard of it before...I love the sweatshirts and mugs that have the e-lop pic on them:

http://www.cafepress.com/shop/animals/browse/Ntt-_Ne-10036_N-3097+20970052+10040_pp-3_Ntk-All_nr-1

LOL Connie...the only reason I haven't bought anything from that siteyet is because of funds. And now you've given me another site to drool over! (I love that stuffed llama...he's adorable!)

Don't laugh, but I've decided to try an experiment on Raph. Since my kitchen is all hardwood flooring and his legs can slide out from under him, I am attempting to make him a pair of slipper socks to see if that will allow him to be able to hop around in there. I got one roughly finished last night and put it on him (obviously destroying any sense of his dignity in the process) and it did seem to help. The big challenge though, will be to keep him from eating his footwear if it does indeed prove to work. LOL...he sure looked funny though, hopping around with a purple Sesame Street sock on one foot...

I will definitely do that Jan! Even if the slipper sock ideadoesn't work, well...at least I will have something to laugh about... (poor Raph will be so humiliated...lol).:bunnydance:

I'll have to wait till my son comes home for Christmas, as he claimed all rights to the digital camera. But so far the socks are working out pretty well, and I'm quite surprised. I thought Raph would chew them to bits within a few moments, but for the most part he ignores them. Every once in a while he'll sit down and tug at one, or try to chew on the velcro that holds them in place, but when I tell him to stop he actually listens! And they seem to give him enough traction so his legs aren't sliding out from under him any more.

The one disadvantage to these socks is that Raph can now maneuver the kitchen floor faster. And so every time I open the refrigerator door,he is there in a flash, trying to climb in and reach the lettuce that I keep on the lower shelf.

hhhhmmmm.....maybe that's why he doesn't mind these socks of his after all...:ponder:

:runningrabbit:

Latest posts

Back