EnglishLops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sableandbabies.jpg

What a PICTURE!!!

:inlove:

-Carolyn

I just got my first English Lop two months ago. He is a four and half month old tort buck. His name is Otis. I am so in love with him and the breed.

Tina

The 1st Generation Velveteens are beautiful. I especially like the black one. Will their ears grow as big as the EnglishLops and hang down or can they control them?

Rainbows! :)

OH MY, I want I want I want, oh waitNow I sound like Tina lol (* no offenseTina *) lol, they are just thecutest babies, My Daughter has an Elop who got gender bended, (was gotten as a she), Nadi seems morepuppyish than even Flemish. I just love the breed they are suchsmart rabbits.

I love this baby. They are all cute but this little oneis calling my name...I want I want I want.

bt1.jpg

:love:

group1.jpg

group7.jpg

I love that little black one and the one in front in the second picture.

Otis said he really wants to meet...
dahlia.jpg

Tina

So a Velveteen is a cross of MR and Elop? That is really neat, and those babies are darling! What is the standard for a Velveteen? Can you show them?

I don't raise them, but I do have a6 month old opal E. Lop buck. His name is Cedric.He's the biggest doll.

Those Velveteens are adorable!! I'm so in love with the thought of that combo....E. Lop ears and Rex fur...

Jen

Beautiful pics of e-lops...:)

Here's a couple of photos of my guy, Raphael:

peekaboo.jpg

raphie.jpg

I don't raise e-lops, just have one very loving guy as a pet. Connie, I noticed you live in Canada. I had a heck of a problem being able to get an English lop here. I tried breeders in BC, Ontario, and PEI and the only one I was able to have any luck with was a woman in southern Ontario...she sold Raphael to me. And unfortunately, Raph has a genetic defect in both hind legs which results in his feet splaying slightly...andhis kneescan go out of joint very easily, causing him pain. Did you have many problems getting yourbunnies? I'd love to purchase another e-lop some day, esp. since Raph lost his buddy (Scooby, a ND mix) earlier this week. (I took Scooby's death very hard,but I think Raph is missing him greatly as well...whenever I go to let him out of his pen now, he seems so ecstatic that I'm there.)

You have very stunningrabbits...and I thinkI lost my heart to theEnglish lop the day I first saw a photo of one. They are like big puppies...

What a gorgeous rabbit:

dahlia.jpg

Thanks for sharing yours, Connie...

~Di

gentle giants wrote:
So a Velveteen is a cross of MR and Elop? That is really neat, and those babies are darling! What is the standard for a Velveteen? Can you show them?

Here's a link to the Velveteen standard:

http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/velveteenstd.htm

The solid Velveteen Lops can be shown as an exhibition breed (not eligible to go up for any higher awards than BOB and not eligible for legs or other awards). The exhibitor must have a copy of the standard available for the judge.

The solid Velveteens must pass one more presentation before becoming an"official" breed. The brokens do not currently have an official working standard (have not passed any showings), so must have the show secs. permission to be exhibited.

Pam

thanks for putting the picture up :)

Sable (the mom) is a fantastic mom, once the babies were a bit older,my husband built a run so she could have time away sometimes. (He's not a rabbit person but he is very helpful building thing for the rabbits ;)

The lady that had Sable before me said that sable would watch the tv for ages, and she can see it here from her cage..:)lol

Pet_Bunny wrote:
The 1st Generation Velveteens are beautiful. I especially like the black one. Will their ears grow as big as the EnglishLopsand hang down or can they control them?

Rainbows! :)

well, it looks like all but one so far have bigger than usual mini rex ears that stand up. One littleone has "airplane ears" right now so it's hard to tell. They don't look to have much English Lop in them, and it takes more generations before you get the lop ears from what I've heard.

Latest posts

Back