English Spots?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got into spots. Friend is moving and had to slim down on rabbits drastically. Between myself and two more local friends we got most all of his spots... I got two does one spot and one solid, and one spot buck. Good to start me out but neither of the spots are marked perfectly, both have faults. BUT it seems like most all have some type of fault, at least the ones I have seen. The markings are hard to get 100% from what I have seen.

Also, you know... I had rabbits in high school, had one here or there as a kid, and now I have 10 of my own... Today while grooming for the show I got bitten for the first time ever, and it was by a spot.

My doe just made weight so she is showing tomorrow. She moves beautifully, almost puts you in a trance to watch her move around, I love that about her... But after grooming her today..... UGH

Working on getting her to set the video to public. *crosses fingers* I can't tell if he's balanced or not. He's not sitting still very long and when he is the video isn't very clear. He doesn't look to have much of an arch, either. But again, for $25, I can't expect much. :)

Bunnie: some advice from one full arch breeder to another never groom one in your lap lol. That is the easiest way to get bit. They get agitated if they are handled too much. I put mine on a grooming table and just get the extra hair off with a horse grooming block. I only groom rabbits in molt or ones that are dirty. Most of them just either need a quick run over with my hands or nothing at all. Before shows I will concentrate on running them instead of grooming. I love how low maintenance full arch breeds are

I'm excited for you Wendy!

Not sure. But I just hope he never gets loose, because he's FAST! LOL They said this fellow is really friendly, so I'm hoping they aren't lying. Otherwise I might not care so much if he would get loose. haha

I have a friend who breeds ES. Those are CRAZY rabbits!!!!! I personally would never get one, but that is me. I would love to see the video but it would not work for me.

I have found that the arched breeds then to want to be running around, so may nip when you are doing something they don't like. Tesla will nip when I am holding him too much, but with all 4 feet on the ground he is a total sweetheart. Of course not all are like that, Kraken is fine bring held and carried around. They do tend to be friendly and out going though.

Here is what I've heard from those who have owned them: English Spots are very friendly for the most part, Tans can be friendly as long as you don't try to handle them too much (they are not lap bunnies), Checkered Giants tend to be biters but can be more gentle if you work with them on it a lot, and Belgian Hares... well, at least they look pretty! :) This is all based on hear-say though. However I may be getting and English Spot myself mid-March. So if all follows through I guess I'll be finding out for myself soon enough!

Last edited:
Oh, he'll never see a wife...just getting him for fun. I know next to nothing about them, except for what I've read in the SoP. But did I mention how stinking adorable he looks? LOL I'm going to go from being a rabbit breeder to being a rabbit breed collector! I'd love to have 1 of everything. lol

I think all of us on here face a similar dilemma hahaha! :p

Well, guys, he couldn't be any friendlier!!! He's an "in your face" kind of guy, and so darn cute!! Super duper friendly and is already figuring out the leash thing. I'm going to wait a few months to show him, and if she's not showable then he'll get neutered. If he's a good representative of the breed, I think they're pretty high on the "would make good pets" list. :)

I'll snap some now, even though I should be cleaning the house. 3 guys alone for a 3-day weekend and my house looks like a tornado went through. LOL Anyway, I think Chewy has claimed me. He comes running over to the cage door when I talk to him...not the case when Kitty does. LOL I love him!! This isn't a breed that I would want to have many of, but just one is fun!!

Clean house or play with cute bunny. Like you really feel guilty or had to think about it too long.

Latest posts

Back