English Lop Breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorbyJobRabbits

Reaction score
I just got 2 english lops. Not totally new to them, but since I got them in winter have a question. Is there anything you can put over the ears to help keep them warm and not get in the way through winter? All of my rabbits are outside, and I was just hoping for ways to keep the ears from freezing.

i love elops :( i want one so badly but i dont think we have them in australia

congrats on your new buns

i have no particular experience but the thought of a bunny with socks over his ears sounded cute and funny to me.

bawww

maybe join the socks together with a string so it stops them pulling them off as easily! little bunny ear muffs! >.<

please do it and take a photo. it will be the cutest thing ever

Rabbits generally handle the cold well; it's the heat you've got to worry about. None of my English Lops have ever had trouble with the cold and their ears; then again, mine are kept in the garage and it rarely gets below freezing.

There's really nothing to put over their ears to keep them warm (I know my bunnies would have a blast ripping off "ear socks" and chewing them up lol), but if you're worried about the cold, you can stuff their hutches full of hay to provide some warmth and insulation, and make sure the hutches are protected from the elements- This means making the hutches well built so that there's no drafts or leaking, covering them with tarps if the weather is really bad, making sure they're sturdy enough to handle a build up on snow on them, etc.

Make sure you use water bottles instead of crocks; English Lops can dip their ears in the crocks, and the water can freeze on the ear.

Holly

Latest posts

Back