English Lop and English Spot Help needed please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tort to true lynx will most likely yield Chestnut agoutis. The breeding program most likely to yield true lynx will have chestnut agouti, chocolate and blue (orlilacs) in the pedigrees. A tort is not useful in a true lynx breeding program because it doesn't have any of the genes needed (except for the very common full color "C").

Pam

Thought everyone might enjoy some pictures recently put up by a young man in one of the clubs I'm in.They are his English Spot babies. Really shows how difficult it can be to breed showable Spots. Not one in the litter was showable -- but they are certainlyvery cute!

http://www.4EverFriendsRabbitry.com

Pam

Well i think i have to find a female friend for MR. Nadia lol... Even though his paper work said doe its pretty clear he is a male {Smacks the gender faerie}. Also I am thinking that the paper work is totally wrong on him, cause I think he is older than 4months as he is starting to get STINKY. Oh well I am hoppy with him either way lol. He has so much personality its not even funny.

Also question for you Doc Nock, he has auguti, broken chocolates and at least 1 broken opal in his background, what would be the best color doe to look for, for him?? Any advice will help and is greatly appriciated.

Hey pam, dumb question for you, but how did 2 self colored babies get born to two english spots?? I was looking at the pics of mom and couldnt figure out how it happened, and will they carry the spotting gene?? Or will they throw more selfs??

To end up withrecessive solids (enen)out of two English Spots, each parent would have to have therecessive en "normal/no spots" gene. This would mean that each parent was produced by a sport (solid) x spot cross. This seems to give the better pattern if the pattern is getting too light. It appears that two of the babies are homozygous En En and are "charlies".

Refresh my memory: What color and breedis the gender confused Mr./Ms. Nadia? Also, is there a particular color you do or don't want?

Pam

Refresh my memory: What color and breed is the gender confused Mr./Ms. Nadia? Also, is there a particular color you do or don't want?

OK poor Nadia is a tort english Lop, and there are no colors that I dont want, but I am still thinking about lynx babies, but i am so unsure of the other colors in his background. The only ones noted on his papers are augutie, broken chocoalate, and broken opal... Whom ever the person was that put him in the raffle didnt want any info given,cause they used a Lop Breeders form and all it states for his lines is like MM175 with no colors given or anything.

You can actually breed with just about any color since so many varieties are accepted in the English Lops.

As I had explained previously, the true Lynx is a difficult color to produce because both the recessive dilute (blue) & chocolate are needed. To produce the "faux" Lynx (blue fawn/cream), your best bet is to buy a cream/faux Lynx to breed to. With Opal in the background, there is a chance that Nadia carries dilute --for certain if the broken Opal was one of Nadia's parents.

Pam

Latest posts

Back