EMMA PULLED A NIAL!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndsy

Reaction score
Hello,

I just went in to visit with Emma and noticed she had blood on her face. Being a white rabbit, it's not difficult to see.

So I did some more investigating, and noticed she was grooming herself.I put two and two together, and came to the conclusion it was her foot.BUT what about her foot... Then as I was laying on the floor, I saw hernail. She had ripped it clean out.

So, it has stopped bleeding becasue she's been moving around andthere's been no blood on the carpet, my question is what do I do now?

I don't think there is much you can do otherthen keep it clean, maybe disinfect it with neosporin once in awhile,and watch it for infection. If it looks like it is gettinginfected, then go to the vet for antibiotics.

*edit* Keep her cage and play area extra clean too.

I've never had this experience with a rabbit,but I've had a couple of ferrets do it. Keep it clean, maybeput some neosporin on it. She should be ok. It willgrow back, it just takes some time.

Jen

AW! Poor baby! Hope she recovers ok. Does she seem to be in pain?

Neosporin has Bacitracin Zinc, Neomycin Sulfate,and Polymyxin B Sulfate. You can get it with an extra 4thingredient, but you're not supposed to use that on rabbits.Sorry, I don't know what that is.

Lyndsy,

Got offline to call you and can't find your number.

Good Job, Folks! :highfive: They gave you great advice. :)

Don't know what kind of litter you use, but might want to use newspaperjust for safekeeping if she pulled out the whole nail. What nail wasit? The 'thumb' nails don't grow back, but that's okay now that she'sHome.

Lots of your TLC will go a long way to comfort her. A treat wouldn't hurt.

I feel so badly for you and her. I know that when something happens to one of your charges, it happens to you too.

Keep it clean, as everyone said.

:pray:

I know she'll be okay. She's waited so long to finally be Home. This hiccup will pass.

:)

-Carolyn

Lyndsy,

Got offline to call you and can't find your number.

LMBO! Carolyn, that doesn't suprise me!

I use a product like woodypet, a woodstove pellet.

I will change her over to paper right now!

You're doing all the right things. Amber pulleda nail about two weeks ago, and she was fine. We didn't even useantibiotics. Emma will be fine.

Thanks everyone!

I just went and changed her litter over to paper, and I got kisses!

I'll keep my eye on it...

Thanks again!

:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

How's the patient this morning?

-Carolyn

Yeowch! Guinevere pulled out a dewclaw, never saw the blood or anything, just realized one day when I wasclipping claws, she didnt have one

Amazing how durable these buns can be for something THAT painful, yetif you drop a pan in the kitchen they go into spook mode :p

Emma seems fine, she's her usual lazy, quietself! LOL!

She was all cleaned up before I went to bed, so I knew 100% that the bleeding had stopped. Gotta love white rabbits eh? LMBO!

Thanks again everyone!

lyndsy wrote:
Emma seems fine, she's her usual lazy, quietself! LOL!

She was all cleaned up before I went to bed, so I knew 100% that the bleeding had stopped. Gotta love white rabbits eh? LMBO!

Thanks again everyone!

:yes:

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back