Emergency

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petunia has an appointment with my vet today at 4. I'm hoping he can give her something to help (and that he doesnt run 500 tests and charge me a buttload of cash). I did find out he carries critical care and benebac, so I'm going to pick some up while im there.

Thanks for helping me get her through the weekend!

:::Good luck to Daisy for her spay today!

Thanks!:)

I was hoping she made it thru the night. :biggrin2:Glad she's seeing the vet. Keep us updated.

Thanks for bringing Midas last night! My daughter, Lexi said your bunny was so cute. :)

Hi,
Good advice so far. I'm glad she's made it through the past few days and will be seen by a vet soon. The green mucous is indicative of the overgrowth of a particular intestinal bacteria, I'm pretty sure it's clostridium. That's a serious thing that a vet needs to medicate correctly to get the bunny through. This is a pretty common thing for younger bunnies that aren't on the right diet that she's going through called mucoid enteritis. I'll look up some more links later today.

I contacted our area manager and told him about the situation and they agreed to pay to have petunia put into a care facility used by the breeder of the bun. They are picking her up in the morning :]

Still isnt eating, drinking on her own but is still having the thick diarrhea. She is less energetic today (I think she feels like giving up) but im still working on her

Keep us updated. :)

It has to be hard to give up a baby bun your trying to save. I wouldn't do good at fostering. I thought about it. LOl. You did a great thing!! I'm glad the store is taking some responsiblity. I just hope the bunny sees a vet and the breeder don't cull her.

Latest posts

Back