Emergency

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know.. it depends on how well her and midas get along. I was planning on getting another one that was older (closer to midas' age) that was already spayed.. but we will see. She is absolutely adorable though. She is all black except for paws, nose, and underbelly which are tan. Right now she is pretty scared, but I dont blame her.

I understand :] My fiance doesnt know that I brought a bunny home today.. I'm hoping the cuteness and the sad factor will convince him to let me keep her..

but sadly, I dont think she is going to make it. She is just getting worse and is refusing water (I cant even force it now) I think I was just to late.. I'll keep trying until the end though.

Wish me and petunia luck.. its going to be a long night

Go get some mylocone drops the baby gas meds 1 cc every hour for 3 hours.

And try to get at least 7 cc of water in the first three hours also. If you have to put her in a bunny burito do it. after that let her rest and in between that hour let her rest. Dont stress her to much but she needs the meds.

The canned pumkin and fresh pinapple juice. Like go buy a pinapple and get the juice out of it works to at least it has pulled storm out of it a couple of times.

I also keep ben bac and Bottle water/IV bag on hand at all times. Hydration before nutrition as randy always says. Get her little butt moving make her run and rub her tummy

She made it through the night I've been giving her the acidophilus in her water and it seems to be working, she's a little better. I'm going to go get some pumpkin and see if she will eat (she hasn't eaten in two days, and I know thats bad)

Thanks for all the concern/help, I'll keep you updated!

Is she that hungry or are you asking in anticipation? She probably won't over-eat, but you may want to keep her from gorging herself if she seems to be doing that.

I'd be happy just to get a few tablespoons in her, if she wants more than that that would be awesome.

sas :clover:

I tried feeding her but she still won't eat anything and is only drinking if I force her. Is there anyway to force her to eat the pumpkin? (mixing it with water-and maybe a little acidophilus- and using a syringe?)

The diarrhea has stopped, although that might be caused by her having no food in her system at all

Also, I brought home some of the food she was eating at work, should I let her eat that when she wants to start eating again? I want to get her off of the food but I do not know the safest way to do that after this.

Thanks!

bunnylove817 wrote:
I tried feeding her but she still won't eat anything and is only drinking if I force her. Is there anyway to force her to eat the pumpkin? (mixing it with water-and maybe a little acidophilus- and using a syringe?)

:yeahthat:

She's not out of the woods, yet, though. :(

So she's not pooping at all? For now best to only allow her pumpkin, hay and water.

sas :pray:

If she has GI stasis will forcing her to eat pumpkin make it worse? Could the diarrhea have been caused by a blockage do to no hay? (will she was actually being fed alfalfa hay)

bunnylove817 wrote:
If she has GI stasis will forcing her to eat pumpkin make it worse? Could the diarrhea have been caused by a blockage do to no hay? (will she was actually being fed alfalfa hay)

She doesn't have stasis, or at least she didn't before. The short version is she either has some form or enteritis or more likely cecal dysbiosis and/or the bacterial imbalance.

If it was true diarrhea with watery fecal matter and no formed poops at all, it's likely the former. The latter is runny cecals where there may have been some formed fecal poops when it started. The former is an infection or parasite, the latter is most often a diet-related bacterial imbalance.

In both cases, you want to give her plenty of fluids and fiber. The former needs additional meds. The latter is just the fiber, fluids and acidophilus. Pumpkin is wet fiber.

Because she may now be in stasis -- which is when the gut stops moving the food along -- she will need to be force fed the pumpkin (and more fluids).

PS: Alfalfa is fine for babies, although best to mix it with timothy.

sas :pray:

Im almost positive it was a diet related thing (when I came into the store one of my not so rabbit intelligent coworkers had put almost an entire bag of those yogurt treats "made" for rabbits in the cage, mixed with the eating guinea pig food and probably being a lot younger than 8 weeks when taken away from mommy.

Last week I noticed grape shaped poops in the cage. At the time I thought it was the pig poop (I dont know much about guinea's) now I realize it was probably a cecotrope. I am hating myself that I didnt do anything at that time. The diarrhea that I noticed yesterday was very think and extremely smelly, but last night it turned into almost clear mucusy stuff.

I have been lightly messaging her belly and she feels a tiny bit bloated, should I give her a small amount of mylicon? And how much would I give her? (it's the liquid kind 20 mg per .3 mL)

Latest posts

Back