Emergency! Rabbit drooling?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Help! I’m not sure what’s happening, what does rabbits drooling look like? I looked it up and all the pictures are after their fur fall out and stuff. But I don’t know what it would look like in the beginning, how much drool are we talking about? because today haru was sitting away from me and i was calling her, she kept ignoring me and when I got closer, the floor was wet, she’s been cleaning her face ALOT, she moved and it splattered on me, I thought it was pee, her chest and paws are wet, and I thought maybe she had peed and sat on it, but her butt is dry. Is this how drooling is? I touched her mouth and chin but they are dry😑 and she tried to itch her back with her mouth, I touched it and it was dry. What could that be? there wasn’t any water bowl around her.

Hmm that’s strange. It sounds like it could be drool but I’d think her mouth would be wet. Drooling is a sign of GI stasis so I would get her to the vet. I think you had a recent thread about your rabbit eating a poisonous plant. Maybe that could be why. But I’d get her to the vet ASAP.

Drooling isn't typically associated with GI stasis. It often has to do with something dental related -- misalignment, abscesses, spurs, fractures. The drooling would be persistent and may be accompanied by dropping food, losing weight, eating less, grooming less, or being picky about certain foods that she used to eat, or having bad breath. She may also have runny eyes.

If she keeps drooling than a vet visit could help determine the cause.

Hmm that’s strange. It sounds like it could be drool but I’d think her mouth would be wet. Drooling is a sign of GI stasis so I would get her to the vet. I think you had a recent thread about your rabbit eating a poisonous plant. Maybe that could be why. But I’d get her to the vet ASAP.
Her mouth is dry😑
I was worried about it being drool because the vet said that if she started drooling I should take her to him. And her poops are fine so I don’t think it’s Gl stasis

Drooling isn't typically associated with GI stasis. It often has to do with something dental related -- misalignment, abscesses, spurs, fractures. The drooling would be persistent and may be accompanied by dropping food, losing weight, eating less, grooming less, or being picky about certain foods that she used to eat, or having bad breath. She may also have runny eyes.

She doesn’t have any of these and she’s looking fine till now, I’m going to watch her just in case

Quote, Tatahas: Her mouth is dry😑
I was worried about it being drool because the vet said that if she started drooling I should take her to him. And her poops are fine so I don’t think it’s Gl stasis.

IMO, you should definitely bring her to the vet since the vet specifically mentioned that and to bring her to the vet. I’m sorry, I read it was a symptom of stasis but I think it’s like what Blue eyes said, it’s mostly teeth problems (which could eventually lead to stasis but drooling isn’t main symptom and isn’t one at all unless she also stops eating, etc.). Also, I looked up the devils ivy thing and it said drooling is a symptom (the main symptom on the website I was on) of poisoning so I’d take her to the vet. Even if you think it’s not that, I would still need to take her to the vet since the vet said to.

Last edited:

Hello, I noticed that haru drools only when she sleeps.. is that normal or could it be a problem? she’s eating and pooping just fine but she’s been resting and not playing much since December..

Latest posts

Back