Emergency please help: RIP Carmel :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagadvocate

Reaction score
Carmel is in really bad shape right now. She cannot stand up and she's breathing very rapidly and her heart is pumping very fast. She's peeing and pooping herself. Please reference my other thread called -- Very Bad News -- for the background on this.

I called my vet's emergency number and the circuts are all busy, we're having a snow storm. Oh god I dont nkow what to do for her. Please tell me how to help her.

Heres the thread for anyone who needs to catch up: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=32213&forum_id=16

Im editing my response now that Ive read your thread:

I really dont know what to say-Ive never dealt with anything like this. I wish I could offer more advice but my heart is telling me that you just need to hold her and love her and keep her warm.

Try to stay calm as she will pick up on your stress. Hold her and keep her warm until you figure out if youre going to the vet or not.

Ifeel likethe visit may stress her out, but I also think maybe administering oxygen would help if shes having trouble breathing. Please keep us posted.

You're both in my prayers.

Oh Beth:(.

I don't know what to say, other than, I don't think there's anything you can do, honestly. When was the last time she had her meds? Probably right on schedule a few hours ago? I wouldn't even mess with that now, it'll just stress her out more and wear her heart more, which you don't want.

Is she open mouth breathing or not? If not, she might come out of this hard part. With heart failure in my experience, they do have episodes, which they come out of. Just not sure how far we are here:?.

Just be with her, tell her you love her and pet her, but be there.

Oh honey, I'm sorry.:hug:

Keep us posted if you can, hon.

(Edit: you can try giving some Nutrical for energy, but not sure if that will do any good at this point. You don't want to cause any more stress. )

I'll be here if you need to talk.:tears2:

Oh boy this doesn't sound good. I think at this point that a move to the vet would be very overlystressful to her. If possible, I would put her on oxygen but that is probably not feasible at this time. Other than that, just do whatever you can think of to make her comfortable....and be there with her. Cooling and humidifying the air in your house may help her breathing. If you have any meds that can sedate her, I would probably offer them just to calm her down a bit. Buprenex or Tramadol would be great...if you could getin touch witha vet, maybe a bit of diazepam if the doctor would be willing.

I have read and rereadyour previous posts. I think you and the doctors have done everything possible for Carmel.The drugs she is now on are the best available to deal with her CHF. I don't know of anythingmore that medically can be done. My thoughts keep going back to Stella. She was a rescue that had a very difficult life. She also developed CHF. We treated exactly like you have been treating Carmel.

This part of my post is the most difficult I have done since I have been a member of this forum.And finding words for this is very difficult for me. Many vets will make house calls for particular situations....like the ultimate expression of love. Listen to Carmel...she might be trying to tell you something. I am racking my brain for any magic I can come up with. Our thoughts are with you and Carmel.

Randy:pray:

Beth, the only advice I can offer is to keep her close and warm and tell her how much you love her. If she is going to keep suffering, maybe it's time to allow her to go.

:hug:

you are a wonderful bun mother, and you did everything you could for that little bunner, from rescue to illness to the end.

binky free, little carmel. you're okay now...:purplepansy:

Tracy

Latest posts

Back