Emergency fix on wood?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swarning1222

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is aloud but it's definitely bunny related.. So my little girl likes to climb things and has discovered the end tables. My boyfriend buys all kinds of weird antique stuff from estate sales etc. (thinking he will be a millionaire one day lol). He bought these very large antique carved wooden lamps. Well since she is so "well behaved" around the house, I left her alone to go to the bathroom and came back to this
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1439902131.986928.jpg
😱🙈

He's started to put his stuff he's been collecting on eBay the last few days so I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before he inspects these lamps and finds this. Has anyone had this particular issue?! Or know enough about repairing this to help me?! She got the whole edge. I can get stain a similar color but the whole edge will still be all wavy. So I'm not sure if maybe I sanded all the edges like that he wouldn't notice? Or I just did the back edge of the other lamp the same so at least they'd match and maybe he wouldn't notice? Oh the things these rabbits get us into lol.

at least make sure that the wood is safe for your rabbit :)
I'd say it makes it look like a REAL antique LOL (sorry for black humor)

looks used and love the patina ( original finish ), people will buy that in a heart beat =0)

to he question at hand, how good are you w/ veneer and paint(s) ... ?

because you ll have to build it up and finish off w/ paint ... or better yet, buy it from him =0)

You'd better have your boyfriend take down the eBay listing or change the description to "bunny-sculpted base."

Haha I was thinking the same thing, I really like the way it looks now better than before 😂 if only I knew he would be as pleased with it lol

You mean build up coats of stain? That's what I was thinking I would have to do. I just don't know how to make it so it's not noticeable that one edge, on one lamp is all wavy now and not perfectly squared like the rest of it.

He doesn't have it on eBay yet thank god! But I know it's only a matter of time before he takes it down to inspect it to put it on there 🙈

Latest posts

Back