Emeprid advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

My nearly 12 week bunny has been a bit weird with her toilet habits the last few days and want to know if I’m just overreacting 🤦🏼‍♀️

I gave Daisy some different food on weds night / Thursday morning (this is the only different thing I can think of) Only a little with her normal stuff. Thursday she was in her run all day and wasn’t doing her crazy hops and running like she usually does until about 5pm. She was eating, drinking etc. Then I noticed no droppings from 630- 10pm she normally has lots all day and night. I started to read all the horror stories online so I massaged her very gently on her tummy. About half an hour later she did loads of droppings and in the morning but she was more sleepy than normal. Yesterday no droppingsbetween 7-1230am to which the vet saw her at 1pm Daisy had emeprid jab and fibreplex. They said she seemed healthy but the shot will help move things if I was worried. She was dropping by 4pm and all night before I went to bed and between 5am-8am when I nipped to check on her. She’s now not been again. She is eating, drinking, playing about and sleeping.
Serious question am I being over cautious because of all the things I’ve read on google searching and really she’s ok? There really are some horror stories that have worried me to the point I’ve not slept for 2 nights. Or should I give her another dose of oral emeprid? Vet said to only give her anymore if she didn’t do any droppings.

just a new bunny mum worrying sorry!

Hi

My nearly 12 week bunny has been a bit weird with her toilet habits the last few days and want to know if I’m just overreacting 🤦🏼‍♀️

I gave Daisy some different food on weds night / Thursday morning (this is the only different thing I can think of) Only a little with her normal stuff. Thursday she was in her run all day and wasn’t doing her crazy hops and running like she usually does until about 5pm. She was eating, drinking etc. Then I noticed no droppings from 630- 10pm she normally has lots all day and night. I started to read all the horror stories online so I massaged her very gently on her tummy. About half an hour later she did loads of droppings and in the morning but she was more sleepy than normal. Yesterday no droppingsbetween 7-1230am to which the vet saw her at 1pm Daisy had emeprid jab and fibreplex. They said she seemed healthy but the shot will help move things if I was worried. She was dropping by 4pm and all night before I went to bed and between 5am-8am when I nipped to check on her. She’s now not been again. She is eating, drinking, playing about and sleeping.
Serious question am I being over cautious because of all the things I’ve read on google searching and really she’s ok? There really are some horror stories that have worried me to the point I’ve not slept for 2 nights. Or should I give her another dose of oral emeprid? Vet said to only give her anymore if she didn’t do any droppings.

just a new bunny mum worrying sorry!
Also she is producing the ones she eats but I can’t see if they would produce if there was a problem or not. If anyone can answer that bit I’d be interested....thank you

Hi! Don't worry we've all been there ;)

If I get it right, she eats, drinks and been active not lethargic or anything, and she poops a lot but there are a couple hours a day when there's no poos so you are worried.

Can you post some pics of her poos, are they nice and round or small, misshaped?
Does she flop or only sits hunched up?
What is her daily diet, in details. What pellets, brand, ingredients, % of fibre, protein?
What hay? How much hay per day she gets/eats
What other foods/snacks she gets?
What is her age? Is she spayed? Oh I see now she's 12 weeks so not spayed

How long is she with you?
I’ve had her 3 weeks she’ll be 12 weeks on Tuesday. There is nothing abnormal about her droppings when she does them. They look like they always have. She has her hay rack and I put Timothy hay on the run base attached to hutch and in her upstairs “living room” she has the scientific pellets but I never exceed in those. I’ve given her some parsley and mint. I’ve not given cabbage in case that was too gassy but she’s had small bits over the last 2 weeks. I’ve avoided snacks because she was raised on a farm and never had them.
Now I’ve vocalised this I’m probably over reacting.

It sounds like she's fine, you're good for not giving snacks, it is best to avoid them, mint is great, especially it helps with digestion, parsley is okay but not on daily basis, I also avoid cabbages, just sometimes, there's so many greens you can use wthout cabbages so basically no need. But my rabbits like York cabbage, but rarely getting some. Generally for the babies under 4 months greens are not suggested, but if she was already introduced to them its okay. Especially mint is fine.
You feed Supreme selective rabbit science I guess for juniors, so that's good. She still can have unlimited but do not overfeed so she has some room for hay in her belly.

Generally I think she is all good, no need for injections I don't know why your vet decided on them. If you feel you want to help, better take her and massage her belly, my rabbits love belly massages :)

It sounds like she's fine, you're good for not giving snacks, it is best to avoid them, mint is great, especially it helps with digestion, parsley is okay but not on daily basis, I also avoid cabbages, just sometimes, there's so many greens you can use wthout cabbages so basically no need. But my rabbits like York cabbage, but rarely getting some. Generally for the babies under 4 months greens are not suggested, but if she was already introduced to them its okay. Especially mint is fine.
You feed Supreme selective rabbit science I guess for juniors, so that's good. She still can have unlimited but do not overfeed so she has some room for hay in her belly.

Generally I think she is all good, no need for injections I don't know why your vet decided on them. If you feel you want to help, better take her and massage her belly, my rabbits love belly massages :)
Thank you so so much. I can’t tell you how much you’ve reassured me. I will limit the cabbage. Maybe that’s a bit too much for her. Yes you are right with the food brand. I weigh out 30g or so (she’s not quite 1kg) and that guides me when topping up. She loves hay like noones business so she’ll always have room for that lol

thank you again for your help, I feel a big weight has lifted

have a lovely weekend

Latest posts

Back