Elop Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littl3red

Ashtin - Member
Reaction score
So, turns out they don't want to get rid of the elop with the bum knee. Instead, they're giving me a healthy elop that just isn't show quality. I was researching the breed and the internet says they only live 5 years... really? Or is that like, outside in a hutch unspayed lifespan?

Also, the rabbit's name is Medusa, she's a black tort female English lop and super cute. I'll post pics ASAP, of course!

No, larger breeds do live shorter lives than the smaller breeds. I've always loved Elops, but i decided against it as they only live 5-7 years and where i live they cost a fortune!

Bah. :( Luckily, I'm getting her for free, otherwise she would be super expensive. But that short life span will be tough... I've heard they're real sweethearts though, so I'll still give her a try.

Aww can't wait to see pictures of her. Medusa is a fabulous name!

Yeah, I like it too. Luckily. Because it's tattooed in her ear, so that would be weird if I changed it. I like how it starts with an M, so I'll have a Maya and a Medusa. I thought that was pretty cute. The one with the bum knee is named Minya and I REALLY liked that name.

I'm getting her tomorrow! Wow! And she'll be spayed next Thursday. Nice thing about working as a vet tech is I get 50% off surgeries so it'll only be like $60. :yahoo: Plus I'll be helping with the surgery, so I'll be able to make extra sure nothing goes wrong.

:panic: Does that mean that Flemish Giants also don't live very long!? :threadhijacked:

Latest posts

Back