Ellie Nay has crossed the Bridge ❤️

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of you helped me a couple months ago, when my Ellie Nay was having tooth spur issues. Unfortunately, her situation was a bit more complicated than that, and she's been poorly for the last month or so. Last night, my husband and I made the difficult decision to help her cross the Bridge before her condition worsened.

Although today is a sad day for me, it is also a bit joyous, for I know she is happily exploring Bunny Heaven with her two brothers, Rascal and Butterscotch. I will miss her dearly, but I know one day, our souls will twine together again. ❤️💔20221126_182135.jpg

Deepest condoneces to you!
The end result wasn't what we would call perfect for people. But for her, reunifying with siblings, accompanied by all the loving care you gave them. I'd say she's happy, her bros are happy, and they all ask you to not mourn them too long. They wouldn't want to see you cry and hurt. They still have plenty of random, near-forgotten memories waiting for a time you'll find them again.

I'm just recovering from a situation similar to your girl. My boy went to the emergency, got treated for GI-blockages and was, on monday evening, healthy 'nough to return into home attention. That evening at 8, dad wouldn't risk driving. The in-between night of m/t, sadly the vet found Storm's shallow breathing, which on xray was loose fluids. Upon preparing for extracting these fluids, his heart slowed down. It was too late and he died after a failed cpr.
Now, though Iris has widowed, Storm who was once also a widow found his ex-bun in the afterlife and they've reestablished their happy bond

So don't press it down, don't fault anyone. You did the absolute best with what supplies and resources you had around. They were happy for your kind existence.

Thank you so much, Catlyn. Ellie has had a hard lot in life. She and her brothers were raised as "meat rabbits", so she has long outlived her original life expectancy. She has had a lot of health issues over the years, but we got through them. Over the last several months, I've noticed her having a hard time balancing or finding comfortable positions to sit and lay in, so I figured it was her arthritis acting up... until I was petting her last night, and noticed her left side of her body bulged out further than the right. I could have had the vet investigate and see what the problem was, but a couple years ago, we did that with Butterscotch (her brother), and regretted it. He had a fast growing cancer in his face, and while the surgery allowed him another month, it wasn't a great month, and he wasn't able to be completely with his sister during that time (we kept him in an xpen for his safety while he healed). I couldn't make Ellie go through that too.

Some of you helped me a couple months ago, when my Ellie Nay was having tooth spur issues. Unfortunately, her situation was a bit more complicated than that, and she's been poorly for the last month or so. Last night, my husband and I made the difficult decision to help her cross the Bridge before her condition worsened.

Although today is a sad day for me, it is also a bit joyous, for I know she is happily exploring Bunny Heaven with her two brothers, Rascal and Butterscotch. I will miss her dearly, but I know one day, our souls will twine together again. ❤️💔View attachment 63110
Sending ❤️ to you and yours. It's a big responsibility, but also a big honor, to be the custodian of another being. You did well by her and that's the most important thing.

Although today is a sad day for me, it is also a bit joyous, for I know she is happily exploring Bunny Heaven with her two brothers, Rascal and Butterscotch. I will miss her dearly, but I know one day, our souls will twine together again. ❤️💔View attachment 63110
I am so sorry for yr loss💔🫂😭, RIP Ellie little bun bun, no more pain, enjoy new happy healthy life🐰🌈💔. I am sharing yr feelings, more than 2 yrs ago I took my beloved Fluffy to shortening her teeth, even she was over 9 yrs old , she was still a healthy bun but after that day, she stopped eating & eventually she failed asleep and never gets up💔😭🐰🌈. I am still missing.

Latest posts

Back