Elkridge, MD: 5 hutch buns wilting in heat; need rehome

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strongheart

Reaction score
A woman in Elkridge, Md contacted me hoping to rehome her outdoor hutch rabbits after 1 died from the heat.

You can see photos of them at this link:
http://tinyurl.com/5lpp4z

If you are interested in saving one or more of these buns, contact [email protected]

She will not take them to Howard County AC because they will be full and euthanized coming in the door.

I offered to take them if she would give me the cages but her boyfriend said he wanted to keep them. He collects scrap metal and their backyard is like a junkyard.

The cages are shelter quality however. She promises not get anymore rabbits.

Gosh those rabbits are beautiful. I really hope someone can help these poor babies out.

Geez I can't believe she won't give you the cages. Some people are real IDIOTS.

Susan:(

yes they are beautiful and sad, each all alone in their cages in the boiling heat with flies just waiting until they are too done in to shoo them off

the cages are really high quality and the people are really low quality

it's a sad, sad situation and yet a very common one

I really think this is a case where Animal Control or the SPCA needs to intervene. I know they are "trying" to the right thing but they need to give up the cages before they lose the rabbits one way or another.

Another suggestion would be offer cash for the cages. I'm sure there are people here that would donate towards this cause. Perhaps through paypal?

I wish I could afford to fly them all here (the weather has been cool lately...sort of). I'd take them all in a heartbeat....especially if they were girls and could fly together.

I sure hope someone steps forward to adopt them...

I ended up calling in a complaint to animal control the other day because it was so incredibly hot and those buns are in metal cages which burns them wherever they touch it. I explained this to AC and they sent an officer out.

She relinquished 3 of them to the ACO and was allowed to keep two, a male and female, as long as she spays and neuters them and moves them to a larger hutch with more ventilation and shade. The ACO will be visiting often to make sure she keeps her word and doesn't make or get any more rabbits.

The AC facility is full now with the 8 rabbits but they try very hard to get them adopted and also out to rescue. They are one of the best in the state for that.

It was the best thing to dofor the rabbits.Some people aren't meant to keep any animals.This definitely needs to monitored closely to see if she really does comply with animal control and to do what she said she would do.

Latest posts

Back