Electronic rat repellent harmful to my Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Recently we've had some uninvited guests in our home....rats....errr!!!. I believe we found the entrance point through our garage and we quickly put traps around the house after calling someone in. It's been a few days and I haven't heard any rumblings so looks like they have left (fingers crossed!). I believe it was only one rat.

For years we've had these electronic repellents in our garage on either side and this is the first time we had an issue. It goes to show that you should check these devices regularly as I am sure due to some power outages they've either stopped working or needed to be reset. In any event, my kids and wife are terrified to be in the house now, so I was thinking of putting this device in our home. I plan on putting it upstairs where the Rabbit stays on the main level. Does anyone know if it's harmful to a Rabbit? I know it gives off frequencies that us as humans can't hear so just curious if it's okay.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/repellents/victor-sonic-pestchaser-repellent-1-pack-19535
thanks as always.

hmm it does say its safe to humans and non-rodent pets. Rabbits aren't rodents anyway ;)

Though we did have something similar before, it didn't seem to work as there were still rats in the house :| maybe that brand is better

I'm pretty sure I've read on such devices that they must be kept away from pets like cats, rabbits, guinea pigs etc. - they can hear these frequences. That they aren't rodents doesn't matter. If it is effective against rats I think it will be against any critter that can hear it, rats are hardy creatures. I defenitly prefer traps.

I used to have a big problem with mice. I sprinkled peppermint essential oil in the area and all of the mice left. I haven't tried it on rats, but it might be worth a try. I looked it up on Google, and the instructions say to mix it with water and spray the area, or put some drops on cotton balls, and place in affected areas. It should work for both mice and rats.

Last edited:
I'm going to say that the electronic repeller is a big NO! Rabbits can almost definitely hear those frequencies, which would be awful for your pet and cruel. Rodent noise repellers freak me out, I heard a story about one stressing a rabbit out to the point of health detriments. I'm with Preitler on run of the mill mouse traps

We have mice and rats outside. I use traps--big baited with dog food for the rats and small ones baited with peanut butter. Our neighbors had a colony under their hot tub but she insisted that it was coming form our yard--the shed I keep pool chemicals and chlorine. Complained to the Home Owners association and they found that their hot tub was the source. No apology, of course.

Latest posts

Back