Elder Bun Won't Eat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnoliaDee

Reaction score
This morning I came to my bunny's room for her morning Breakfast... but she wasn't interested. Which is vey unusual for her. Last night she ravaged the food bowl, as normal. So I've put her on top of my dryer, turned it on for both heat and aggitation. Given her .5 of baby gas drops... and been massaging her tummy for her.

I do have Benebec... but unfortunatley the package says it expired Last Oct. It's never been opened, and has been in the fridge since purchase. Would it be a good idea to use it or no? I'm in Canada, so getting another package isn't the easiest.

How often should I be giving her the baby drops?

Also, do I need to force feed her at this point?

Please let me know what I should do? It's been awhile since we've had issues like this.

Thanks,

Sandra

Thanks EileenH... there is a wealth of info there to go thru. Thanks so so much! Luckily I found a place in town that sells benebac... so will pick that up on the way home.

Sandra

How is Lego doing Sandra? I would keep giving her the zimethicone. You really can't overdose on it. I usually give them 24 hours before takng the bunny to a vet.

Hey Patti... well she has eaten a couple bites of pumpkin and hay and kale/parsley. Mostly tho, she's just throwing the hay out of her way. I've given the ovol a couple times more and have been putting her on the dryer and massaging her tummy thru the day (once I got back from work). When I'm not massaging her belly she's throwing the hay and digging at the towel I have her on.

I did get some tubes of benebec... how do I give that to her... ideas?

One good thing... this morning I emptied the litter box so I could see if she's producing anything. And thankfully there is a pile in the one corner... they're small... but they're there... so I'm grateful. I just wish I could get her to eat more than just a couple bites.

She is exhibiting some odd behaviour for her. I have one of those play-tikes plastic cubes. The lower level is hers, and kitty has the upper deck in one of those cat tents I got from Target. Well today she's taken over the top deck. It's odd, but it's also good, as she has to climb the slide to get to it. So she's been moving around thru the day and not just sitting stagnant.

Please everyone, keep my sweet girl in your thoughts... she really is a sweet sweet little girl.

Latest posts

Back