Edmonton Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my look at all those babies.

Hmmm there are a few members is Edmonton I wonder who has the good news :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Some Breaking News...

180 rabbits were turned in to the shelter yesterday. Many of them are very young or still babies. These are from the samehome that had the surrenderonMay 23. Lucky thisshould be thelast of these rabbits from that place.

While I was at the shelter today, I saw a number of the new rabbits get adopted. People are picking the youngest ones because of the cuteness factor. I think a staff member is getting one too.

There is a very good news story today. However I will let another member make the announcement. ;)

zopbq.jpg

Argh. That person should be required to come to the shelter to volunteer to help take care of the mess they created. How does someone end up in a mess like that.. twice?

I'm so tempted to just smush those babies.. so sweet! Until last Tuesday, I hadn't held a baby bunny in years! Finally got my baby fix when we got 3 wittle netherlands in at the shelter. Can fit in my open hand!

I wonder who this mystery person is.. shame on them for withholding awesome news from us!
:p

I'm likewise eager to hear about adoptions, where Canada is?, and the good news that a fellow RO member can share. Your shelter sounds fantastic for being able to handle and provide care for those darlings. Am staring at all those bunnies and wondering how many will find forever-loving humans? ...

Hopefully they'll all experience a world of Love, and reach senior citizen years.

News ... good news ... please ??

Spring wrote:
How does someone end up in a mess like that.. twice?
All these bunnies werefrom the same place. The shelter took part of them in May and the rest last week.

Spring wrote:
Until last Tuesday, I hadn't held a baby bunny in years! Finally got my baby fix when we got 3 wittle netherlands in at the shelter.

I got topet some of the babies too.The staff told meone of the smallest onegot loose in the back of the holding area and nobody could catch him. I saw himrun behind the back of the refrigerator and into the compartment where themotor and compressor was. I moved some of the cages and pulled the refrigerator out to catch the little guy.I was lucky to grab himand return him to his cagebefore he could get lost orhurt.

theevenstarlight wrote:
So how many bunnies have been adopted?
I am not sure, but the shelter have records of all the bunnies. They have a special right now, where you can adopt 2 bunnies for the price of one. Many people are taking advantage of that, and getting 2 bunnies for $25.00. There are some specialcases where a bunny was sold for less.

With many people adopting bunnies, the shelter is taking and processing groups of people togetherin the interview rooms instead of the standard one person per interview per adoption. I was in the roomwhen 5 bunnies were getting adopted out by different people at the same time.

TreasuredFriend wrote:
Your shelter sounds fantastic for being able to handle and provide care for those darlings. Am staring at all those bunnies and wondering how many will find forever-loving humans? ...
The shelter is awesome. It is so mind blowing to see what they are able to do now. I think this mass surrender was a good indicator for the shelter to learn how far they can extend themselves.

I see Canada the bunnyis still listed on the website, but I won't be there until tomorrow when Ibring some more food in for the bunnies.

Pet_Bunny wrote
With many people adopting bunnies, the shelter is taking and processing groups of people togetherin the interview rooms instead of the standard one person per interview per adoption. I was in the roomwhen 5 bunnies were getting adopted out by different people at the same time.

Lol.....I sure wish we had this problem! Edmonton = awesome.

There is a very good news story today. However I will let another member make the announcement. ;)

I'm still waiting to hear what the "Good News Story" is.

ANYONE!!!!!!!!

Susan

AGREED!!

(And wishing it was *me* that had a big announcement to make...if you get what I mean! A few months...just gotta be patient for a few months...*sigh*)

Latest posts

Back