Edmonton area Rabbit Hopping Club

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korr_and_Sophie

Reaction score
The Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club is expanding. We now have someone who will be heading up the northern chapter of the club. This club will be focused around the Edmonton area and anyone wanting to join is welcome. You can get some more info by contacting Cherie. The contact info is on the CRHC site under the Exciting News tab.
I hope to see a bunch of people at the next event. You know you want to:rabbithop

She lives in Smith, so that's about 2.5 hours North of Edmonton. So anyone closer to Smith area, this is your chance to try hopping as well!

Hi Rosemarie! :wave:

That is exciting news to have more locations and newpeople taking part in Rabbit Hopping.

1149_051559_110000000.jpg

Canada Day 2010

Hi Stan!!

I think so to! I am excited to see this club grow and hopefully many new people & rabbits joining!

We are going to try to pick a date when we can arrange a big demo at Bobbie Doon! When we know I'll let you know, hopefully you will be able to come!

Love the pic of Popcorn & I!! :)

Great!! Looking forward to seeing you again Stan!

We are debating 2 dates! I thought a long weekend might be nice so no one has to rush anywhere and perhaps more people could come! We were debating November 11th & possibly December Christmas holiday's. Which would be I think the December 18th weekend.

What do you guys think?

I think November would be possibly better for weather, but wanted to bring the new boys too and we won't have them until the 13th and that would be allot of travelling for them already that weekend. But with the December weekend, we thought maybe we could do another West Ed event or something like that along with Bonnie Doon.

Anyone have a preference either way?

Awe... Wallaby! :)

Thanks Stan, will do. I don't know if West Ed would even consider us during that time of the year and perhaps 2 days would be too much for everyone, but just thought it was worth a shot asking to see what everyone thinks.
Sadly I can't recall now who I was in contact with back when I emailed them before, I guess I will have to dig through all those old emails and see what I can find.

Bonnie Doon is our favorite place! We love the location in the mall and the sky light above! Makes for some really neat photos!!

Oooo im so excited! XD Ive been wanting to start Martie back in hopping, I think he was used in a hopping demo when the Calgary people came up to the Edmonton Humane Society, and maybe he'll entice Jezz to try (she needs to, she's a little chubby and needs more exercise, lol)

Hi Violet! So you adopted that cute little bunny? He was such a nice, friendly bunny, glad to see he went to a good home! If you look on our CRHC website for that date, you can see photos of him!

Stan,

I called and emailed West Ed but have not heard anything back as of yet.

I talked to Bonnie Doon and she said unfortunately the mall is packed with Christmas stuff starting Nov. 13th and all through the holiday's. So unfortunately she said there isn't any free space that would work for us and where we usually are, under the skylight is where they set up Santa's stuff.

However, she booked us for 2 other dates, but I'm just trying to figure out if they will work. One is Feb. 21, Family Day, however that's the same weekend as the Wetaskiwin rabbit show. The other date is Easter day, April 24th. We are there at Fort Edmonton April 23rd. So that could work. The only issue would be, Amanda & her dad wrote a letter to the White House as on Easter they have a Easter egg hunt on the White House lawn, so the letter was asking about performing there for that event. I don't think there is a chance they will reply or we will go. But if that would work out, apparently we would be heading to the White House for Easter! Wouldn't that be an amazing thing to do! Not many people I would imagine get to perform there!

So would you be available to make it to those 2 dates?

You are right about the Ears Rabbit Show on theFeb. 19-20 weekend. But Family Day is Feb. 21 (Monday) so there is no overlap. Itcould be done.

Bonnie Doon is busy already. Starting next week (Oct. 12) the flu shot clinics are taking place under the skylight areauntilmid November.

That would be something if you were invited to the White House for Easter.If you need to talk to someone, Icould ask around. Anything is possible. :biggrin:

I might be moving to Edmonton and would love to know more about this. I think rabbit hopping is so neat! Can anyone provide me with some links to the best rabbit hopping information? Like how to get started and what not? I have a 14 week old 3/4 netherland dwarf and 1/4 lionhead albino-- she is my female . Also a 10 week old black lionhead lop male.

Hi Sunny,

The best site I can suggest is out own, http://www.canadianrabbithoppingclub.com
If you look in the Videos link, we have training videos, etc. on how to get started on hopping and training your bunny.

Unfortunately the lady who was going to start the Edmonton division of the club has since gotten out of rabbits due to an unfortunate situation.

However what we sometimes do for people a fair distance away is, when we make a trip close enough for them to travel to, they come to the event and do a practice in between our event times. You have to do 3 practices before being able to join the club & be a member. So if you complete the 3, then you order your uniform and then can take part in any of the events we do.

If you'd like more information or have any questions, please feel free to ask! You can also find us on facebook, Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club. :)

Thanks, Rosemarie. It was very informative & enjoyable. One question, though: As film canisters are not available that much any more, what else can be used?

I have found something that MAY work as well as film canisters to hold up the bars: chair leg rubber tips. Amazon has some 1" white tips from Magic Sliders, #94400. If anyone knows of something better, let me know. Thanks.

I feel terrible I never noticed your previos question about the film canisters.

I'm glad you were able to find something else that will work! Can you post a pic and show how you've got them on the jump just so if anyone else is looking they can see what you've done?

Actually I just got them in the mail today & don't have any bars yet. They're heavier than the canisters & more flexible, so I don't know how they'd be at letting the bars fall off at the same way. If you PM'd me your address, I could send you 4 to try out. Or you could get them from Amazon.com; in the US anyway, the shipping is free for any sized order of them.

Latest posts

Back