Edmonton Alberta CANADA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
The EARS club will be having a show on Feb 19 and 20 2011.

This will be a big show, put on by the new executives of the EARS Club (Edmonton Area Rabbit Society) to kick off the new year with the celebration for the Year of the Rabbit. There will be some new things going on at the show, so come in and see the show.

The location is at the Wetaskiwin Drill Hall, and it allstarts at 9:00 am Saturday (Feb.19). You can contact me for a Show Catalogue.

Looking forward to meet up with the Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club on Sunday (Feb.20) who will be part of the show.

On February 21 (Family Day), there will be two events.

The Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club will be at Bonnie Doon Shopping Center, featuring their beautiful jumping rabbits doing the agilitydemos.

The EARS Club (Edmonton Area Rabbit Society) will set up at Londonderry Mall to show case the different purebreeds of rabbits for everyone to see. So there will be lots to do and see on the long weekend.

January 22 & 23, 2011.

The EARS Club (Edmonton Area Rabbit Society) will be at the Edmonton Pet Expo as part of the different varieties of animals that people have aspets. We have a 3 booth space to show our rabbits as pure breeds and pet rabbits.

Here is the link... http://petexpo.ca/whats-on

The CRHC will be auctioning a jump and harness and leash set at the EARS show. All the money will go to the hopping club. We might have another jump, but will have to see about it. The auction will be on Sunday.

photo.php
photo.php
IMG_0727.jpg

Hi everyone I have a bunny emergency

I just adopted my first bunny a couple days ago, and it turns out she has a bad underbite and her bottom incisors have grown pretty long.
Her owners didnt say anything and i feel dumb for not inspecting further.. but what do I do?
I dont make alot of money and it seems that I need to take her to the vet to get it grinded down or something. Is there a vet in edmonton that is cheap or will let me make monthly payments?

Please help!
[email protected]

Hi. Sorry that you are having problems with your bunny.

I don't know whether they accept monthly payments, but I can really recommend my vets, so maybe give them a call.

I don't know where you are in Edmonton, but they are
South Side Animal Hospital 6003 104 Street Northwest, Edmonton, AB T6H 2K6

Perhaps tell them what's wrong and explain. They are really helpful, and very rabbit savvy.

Good Luck :)

Jan

Hi,

I second LuvaBun's recommendation. Dr. Steele and Dr. Black at the South Side Animal Hospital are great with rabbits.
Phone: 780 434 6462

Just to give you an idea about the cost, my Elly's molar trim was $105 (tax incl).

This included anesthetics, the molar trim, and an afternoon's stay.

Hope this helps :)

How is Fenna doing? What did you do for her teeth?

Extrusion is alfalfa based and most rabbits like it. Do you think Fenna is not eating because of her teeth?

I think you should hang on to your extrusion if she decides to eat it. You can even mix it with the pellets you give her now. (What kind of pellets does she eat?)

How long did you try each food? Did you try to mix it with her old food? Rabbits don't always like new foods and may only eat the old food and leave the new stuff. It can be a good idea to wait until they eat all the pellets in the bowl before giving more. Most rabbits will eat the new pellets eventually. Mixing the pellets or at least offering them both makes it easier for the rabbit to adjust to the new pellets. Sudden changes can cause digestive problems.

fenna turned out to be a boy, so his name is Zo :)

his teeth were grinded, and im booking for his molars soon. after we catch up with his teeth we will get him fixed. Probably before summer starts.

He was originally eatting 100% walmart rabbit pellet. i weaned him off of pellet onto hay, then i started mixing his old pellet with the new pellet.. before he didnt even know what to do with the hay. but I would say his diet is around 70%hay and 30% pellet..

the bags of extrusion i bought were the wrong ones. they are the big ball pellets, i meant to buy the smaller round ones.. which he is loving :)

fenna turned out to be a boy, so his name is Zo :)

his teeth were grinded, and im booking for his molars soon. after we catch up with his teeth we will get him fixed. Probably before summer starts.

He was originally eatting 100% walmart rabbit pellet. i weaned him off of pellet onto hay, then i started mixing his old pellet with the new pellet.. before he didnt even know what to do with the hay. but I would say his diet is around 70%hay and 30% pellet..

the bags of extrusion i bought were the wrong ones. they are the big ball pellets, i meant to buy the smaller round ones.. which he is loving :)

Hey everyone. I live in Edmonton. I have the same name everywhere I post, just fyi. I have a rex, and I am going to be getting a few girls in Oct.
Also going to the show in St Albert in Oct. Cant wait!

Latest posts

Back