Edmonton Alberta CANADA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
There are a few members that live here. There are many more in Edmontonwho own rabbits but haven't signed onto the forum.

I like to say "Hi!" to everyone, and extend this to all the members in Calgary too. :wave:

On February 14 & 15, 2009, the EARS Club (Edmonton Area Rabbit Society) is holding a Double Open Rabbit Show on Saturday, and a Youth & Cavies on Sunday.

There is a Specialty Sanctions on Sunday too.

The Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club will be out on Sunday to show the sport of rabbit agility.

For more information you can click on this link, and download the Show Catalog...

http://www.earsclub.ca/HTML/upcomingshows.html

It would be nice to see you and your sister.:bunnydance:

Word of warning.... There will be rabbits for sale at the show. So you have to have a strong will not to buy a bunny, or leave your money at home. :twitch:

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Is the rabbit show in Edmonton or is in Wetaskiwin??

Wetaskiwin. :) It is a 40 minute drive south of Edmonton, on Hwy 2 towards Calgary.Drive past the International Airport and Leduc, you will see the Wetaskiwin turn off and that will take you straight to Wetaskiwin. Once in town, turn left at the big water tower and that will take you straight to the Drill Hall where the Rabbit Show is.

Hi! :wave:

It was a very long show today. We had over 235 rabbits entered. We couldn't finish the last groupings of Lion Heads, so we will do that tomorrow morning.

Not sure what the Hopping club is doing. It is a group of girls from Calgary who are demonstrating the sport with their rabbits. They will set up a course for their rabbits to jump through.

Wetaskiwin Rabbit Show.

Some EARS (Edmonton Area Rabbit Society) members know I have never seen a Flemish Giant at a Rabbitshow, so they ask a breeder to bring one in just for me to see. :D

1yp9ol.jpg

This is a 7 month old baby (not for sale) at the show yesterday. :inlove:

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Can I have the photo of my sister and I that I know you took. :p

ACD with over 350 pictures of my pictures has been made and selling for $10.00.
All proceedsis donatedto the EARS (rabbit) club.

25zqc7b.jpg

11jso3o.jpg

EdmontonEaster RabbitDisplays
Saturday April 11, 2009 (10 am - 4 pm)
Londondery Mall, Bonnie Doon Mall,and theJohn Janzen Nature Centre.

The rabbit clubs in Edmonton and area will have their rabbits on show at one of these places on Saturday.
Here the kids will see and learn something about rabbits. After they get theirfix on bunnies, they can go home and eat their Chocolate Easter Rabbits.

The Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club will be at West Edmonton Mall on Friday, April 10 (10 am - 6 pm).
They will then perform at Fort Edmonton Park on Saturday, April 11.

Here is some pictures of the presentation at the Sherwood Park Vet Clinic.

24g16x0.jpg

2z7j31t.jpg

Dr. Bousquet covered everything from adopting, care, housing, food, to things like G.I. Statis and Head Tilt.
There are several Doctors at this clinic who are rabbit savy.

iel53m.jpg

And I found out that they carry and sell Oxbow products.

Dr. Bousquet covered everything from adopting, care, housing, food, to things like G.I. Statis and Head Tilt.
There are several Doctors at this clinic who are rabbit savy.

I am so happy about this, especially as it is so near to me. Nice to know if there (God forbid) is an emergency, that there is a local surgery I can turn to :)

Good to see so many turn out to learn more about bunnies :)

Jan

maherwoman wrote:
Just to put the word out there...:D

I am at the Humane Society several times a week now with the mass surrender of rabbits.

Tomorrow or Saturday, I will go out to a farm with a breeder to pick up hay. Anyone who needs hay, let me know.

This Sunday, I am golfing at the Legends Golf Course in a tournament with the Mah Soiety.

June 7, is the annual Mah Soceity BBQ.

June 10, I will be with the local rabbit club (displays) and the Canadian Hopping Club to put on demonstrations at ...

http://www.josephburg-ag.ca/jas_jChickenSupper.html

*RAISES HANDS...WAVING FRANTICALLY*

I need hay!! We'd LOVE to go with you to the farmer's to pick it up! How big are bales here? (In California, they're 120lbs.)

I've noticed our babies eating an enormous quantity of hay since being here. I think because of the colder environment...but I'm not quite sure. But...ALL of them, even Teddy who doesn't eat much hay normally, are eating HUGE quantities!

Edited to add: We're also game for pretty much everything else. Anything to get outta the house and truly enjoy Edmonton!! :D

I went out to meet the breeder today and pick-up hay. Everything was a bust. I didn't get to see the breeder, and she called me thatthe farmer wasn't home, so we may have to try again tomorrow or Monday.

Rosie, I think the bales are about 50-60 lbs. Depending on how nice they are (green?), I would get Jan 1 bale, and 2 bales for myself to split up with everyone else. The breeder going with meis getting 5 bales and have me drop them off at her housein my cargo van. Unfortunatelythe cargovan only has two seats. When I get my mini van, I could drive you around the city. My son is using the mini van right now, as he is getting his car fixed.

Latest posts

Back