Edee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verity

Reaction score
Having read a few blogs on some adorable bunnies, I thought I'd start mine own....

This is Edee

My boyfriend Jack got her for me as a 22nd birthday present (2012). He'd mentioned before wanting to get me a bunny - I think secretly he wanted one, and used me as an excuse ;) 

My birthday is the 1st March, she was 8 weeks when I got her, making her a New Years baby 

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

Edee is amazing, she is so friendly and out going. She loves sitting on my shoulder, or lieing across my legs. 

3ddad40a.jpg

Edee lives in a hutch (which was also part of my birthday present) in Jacks garden, as his is lot more secure then mine from foxes. 
(don't worry, the hutch is actually up against the house protected from the elements) 

IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

Edee is my first rabbit. 
I've had lots and lots of learning to do, and am still learning day by day.

IMG_1301.jpg

Within a day or two of owning her she learnt to jump into the bed (she especially loves jumping up onto jacks pillow - whilst his head is on it! )

After a few days from that she learnt to jump off the bed as well.

IMG_1319.jpg

She always lies down on my pillow, or ruffles up the furry blanket we have and spreading out on that

1929ba84.jpg

0ac47a2a.jpg

6cb1a4bb.jpg

Two of my close friends have rabbits, so I've been getting advice from both of them (and Edees been getting lots of hugs)
One friend gave me a lead, her rabbit never liked wearing it, so I've made sure I've slowly got Edee used to it. 
It's only been 3 weeks but I put it on every few days and she doesn't seem to mind it (at least she doesn't kick up a fuss ;) ) 

d1e16ace.jpg

Edee is adorable! You just have to be careful with how much you let her visit inside if she is going to live outdoors. In the winter and summers it can affect their fur growth to be in the heat or the cool opposite the outdoors, causing them to be really cold in the winter and really hot from being in the air condition in the summer. If it's just for an hour or so, she'll probably be fine, but three or four hours a day could throw her off.

Nelsons_Mom wrote:
Edee is adorable! You just have to be careful with how much you let her visit inside if she is going to live outdoors.

Thank you :)
And thank you for this imformation I didn't realise this.
Summer in the uk doesn't last long, and we don't have air conditioning (just open windows)
When it gets really cold (freezing point and snow) shell probably end up coming inside.
Do you think she'll be ok, or should I still stop he from coming inside as much?

Nelsons_Mom wrote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing her grow up and more of her antics!

Thank you :biggrin:
Shes a really cheeky Little thing so im sure shell get up to lots of mischief (and ill be there with my camera ;) )

Since my bunnies are all inside and only go out when good weather hits, I've heard and read that when it gets real cold people do bring their bunnies in with no harmful affects.

She is absolutely lovely! Love the pic of her stretched out relaxing on the bed. And the hutch you have is really nice.

Look forward to hearing more of this "cheeky" sweetie.

K:)

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

trying to steal my keys

DSCF2496.jpg

other then animals, I really love cars. Especially VWs.
I have a little 6n2 Polo GTI, which I absulutly love.
So of course had to intoduce Edee to the car

DSCF2499.jpg

;)

30.03.2012 - Senting

She started to sent everything now. Anything she can get her chin on haha

30.03.2012 Edee decides to sent everything

Handbag
Camera (as I was taking a photo)
Paper bag
TV Remote
Me
Makeup bag
Phone 
Boyfriend
A cup of tea

eba42dcf.jpg

Verity wrote:
Handbag
Camera (as I was taking a photo)
Paper bag
TV Remote
Me
Makeup bag
Phone

Boyfriend
A cup of tea
Is Edee a girl by any chance ;) Sounds like she's keeping al lthe good things for herself!

Haha! I'd actually not noticed the pattern!! She's deffinatly a little girl! Lol

Edee's still senting everything, even my boyfriend's dinner which I put down on the bed, she ran straight to wards it and ran her chin straight up the fork, she then attempted to chin the pork chop, but I managed to  scoop her up just in time.

...and a random photo from today....

fdfc6757.jpg

3ae8d86b.jpg

Crashed out on a towel in the bathroom. 

Edee vanished for a few seconds just now, but I found her. In her draw!

c0b2127b.jpg

This is where I keep a few bits and bobs of hers, like her lead, and brush.

fb22d35b.jpg

6219f2f9.jpg

She's learnt she could get behind the draws now, so I'm sat trying to stop her.

I have a question. How litter trained can a rabbit be trained??
Edee is great a peeing in her litter box, she picked the corner in her hutch as soon as I got her and has stayed on that corner.
She however poops every where. With the amount that rabbits poop I thought that it was normal that they poop every where as they would be running back and forth to the litter tray all the time. But now I'm wondering if it's right, as I've read a few saying that their rabbits pooping in the litter trays.
She poops all over her hutch, which i pick up as much as possible as part of my morning routine with her.
And When she's running around our room I tend to just scoop up every poop and stick it in a chocolate box and tip it all in the bin when she's back in the hutch.
Can I actually teach her to poop only in a litter tray? (I can buy another one to go in the bed room)

Latest posts

Back