Echinacea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinobunny

Reaction score
I have 2.5 kg bunny with snuffles. We are on baytril treatment so far it got better but not cured completely. So i want to try echinacea i heard so many good things about it. I want to break the capsule and put the powder inside to his water. One capsule has 250 mg extract per capsule. Do you have any suggestion how much water i need for a capsule? How mg extract is okay for him?

Attachments

• 95B79B06-80E1-4DE9-978D-E83B63F64BD5.jpeg
    95B79B06-80E1-4DE9-978D-E83B63F64BD5.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 1
You would be better off growing the flowers yourself and letting him eat those.
Do not add anything like this to his water. Anything that has the potential to change the taste of the water for the worse can impact how much they drink and cause even more issues.
Snuffles isnt easy to deal with and it can be a long road to recovery. Baytril likely needs to be continued for several more weeks with the potential of switching to a heavier duty antibiotic like PenG or something.

You would be better off growing the flowers yourself and letting him eat those.
Do not add anything like this to his water. Anything that has the potential to change the taste of the water for the worse can impact how much they drink and cause even more issues.
Snuffles isnt easy to deal with and it can be a long road to recovery. Baytril likely needs to be continued for several more weeks with the potential of switching to a heavier duty antibiotic like PenG or something.
Do they like the taste of actual echinacea flowers? I thought drinking maybe easier so i bought powder(it only includes echinacea extract nothing else). I tried it and he drinks same as before.Do you still think i should get flowers?I can find dried flowers maybe i dont know if i can get him to eat :(

The herb/flower would be better than powder, then it could just be fed straight. Either the cut up dried herb or grown fresh if you know anyone that has it. I can't say how much to feed as I've never used it. Though I have read of others using it to help with their rabbits. I agree not putting the powder in the water.

Last edited:
If you are still going to use it in the water, just make sure to change it frequently. You don't want it causing the water to go bad and grow bacteria.

The herb/flower would be better than powder, then it could just be fed straight. Either the cut up dried herb or grown fresh if you know anyone that has it. Though I can't say how much to feed as I've never used it. Though I have read of others using it to help with their rabbits. I agree not putting the powder in the water.
I’m going to try dried form i don’t think i can find fresh :( Thank you so much

When my Lionhead girl had a tooth root abscess and had surgery & was on antibiotics and not eating well, I gave her big dried echinacea leaves and she liked them. I think I got them from a health food shop at the time.

If I recall right, they boost the body's immunity system by slightly elevating the white blood cell count to fight off infection. They are fine to give sometimes, but not long term.

I wouldn't add things to the water. It may keep the bunny from drinking enough or spoil the water sooner, and the amount the bunny ends up getting from sips from a bowl might be negligible.

Latest posts

Back