ec rear leg weakness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttymeg

Reaction score
My english angora is currentky being treated for an ec infection. He has a cataract in his right eye was peeing a lot just puddles everywhere large amounts even peeing when being held which was shocking. Just before he got treatment he really begun having issues with hopping. He can hop but its somewhat sideways and his one leg his rear right leg just seems to not get the message. Has anyone exoerienced rear leg issues with ec?

Sometimes he hops ok can get on couch back in his cage etc. Ive blocked him from ysing the stairs in the house so he doesnt injure himself. He is on day 4 of his treatment plan which is panacur meloxiocam bene bac and ivermectin once weekly for the ivermectin. Is there more i can do for him?

Maybe try keeping him on the ground more. I don't know if that's possible due to your cage setup. You did say you blocked the stairs and that's great. If he has to make a jump to reach water, food, litter box or burrow, i would try and move those for his ease. Just putting him in rooms where there aren't things he can jump on. I've never had experience with rear leg issues though. I know i would probably just take any levels or boxes out of my buns home. Hope he gets well soon! Keep us updated!

Latest posts

Back