Ebony

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loz n Ebony

Reaction score
All she wants to do is live outside in the garden. She wont let us catch her. (and we've tried everything)
She looks scared all the time but i no she isnt really cos then suddenly she'll perk up.
She hates being held . She shall sit through it but she really hates it.
She just dusnt like people.

She has a good sized cage with toys water food bedding everything. But shes just such a madam.

I just dont no what 2 do anymore.

We've given it time and we've been patient and we've been kind. But wechased her for 2 HOURS round the garden the other night. But how do u ca black rabbit in the dark? We put her cage on the grass and had 2leave her out. Lucky it was a warm night.

*sighs* notgood

How old is she? Is she fixed?

One of the ways that I got Tucker to come around was patience, and timesaying good-night to him after the lights were out. At firsthe was quite like Ebony, most of the first year of his lifeactually. He's come around though. He's not acuddly rabbit, but I get kisses and he will come to me when he wantsattention and love, it's just got to be in his time.

-Carolyn

She is almost 1. She was altered before we got her. *sighs* Good 2 no I'm not the only one really.

Its kinda my funny. My family are all really annoyed withebony because off all the times they have had 2 chase her round thegarden.

So when I bring ebony into the kitchen everyones like " Dont drop her!!dont let her go, infact take her back 2 her hutch its safer"

then I bring Fidget in and its "awwwwwwww Fidget, Hello baby!! Isnt hecute!! awwwwwww" Then he gets passed around. Bless him. He is the bestbehaved rabbit in the world!

That's funny how your family is scared of Ebony,

Do you feed her before or after she's out? I always can getTucker to go in his cage because I'll feed him when I get home, let himout; hours later, after not getting many treats, he'll get his bedtimesnack, but he has to get into the cage to eat them. Once hehears the cookie jar open and close, he's right next to that cagewaiting for that bowl to be filled. He seems me fill it, Iwalk away, and he'll hop in and start chewing.

You also might just put a treat in the cage or a travel cage so that ifhe hops in, you can trap him that way, just don't slam the door shutafter he jumps in. Slowly walk over and quietly close thecage.

Two hours is a long time to spend trying to catch a black rabbit in thedark. What a little bugger. She probably thinksit'sa great game and that you're all having fun.

As I said,Tucker's not a love-bug like Fauna, butIlove how independent and strong he is. It makes those momentswhen he wants his mom even more special. I have to cater tohim. I don't try to pick him up, and I spend special timewith him and Fauna separately every night which really helped to bondus. Buck Jones says that rubbing their ears and spendingenough of time doing that and being patient will solicit kisses and/ortrust and closeness. Others on this forum that have tried itsays it really works. Tucker doesn't like his ears rubbed,but he adores being cooed over and loved.

-Carolyn

I go out and feed her before they go out. Then I leave them some time with there food before putting them out into the garden.

I always put a dish of water and both their food bowls out incase they get hungry.
If im at home I will regularly check on them. Ebony will run away.Icrouch down to make myself look less threateaning but she still wonttalk 2 me. Whereas Fidget will love the attention and sit there happilywhile i pet him.

At bedtime Fidget will potter around while we try to get ebony. Butshes not like Fidget though because if he cant be bothered 2 be caught(which is rare) he will come for any food.

But Ebony doesnt have a food she would take from the hand. I often goand pet her and stuff and try to bond but no matter how hard Itry she just couldnt care less about me.

Are there such things as rabbit trainng classes? Or can u teach your rabbit to come to you?

Im just at a lose what to do because she is just so difficult.

-loz

ps thanks for your quick replies

xXx

Well Huggy goes where he can. If he can get away, he will!!!

So i guide him so he goes in his cage. And now he doesit without me telling him!!!

Loz n Ebony wrote:
All she wants to do is live outside in the garden. She wontlet us catch her. (and we've tried everything)

We catch our free ranging buns with a crab net. Looks like abutterfly net with a much longer handle. They, too, prefer torun free in the garden. It is their natural habitat, afterall, isn't it. She's just being a cautious bunny.You don't know what her past baggage may be.

Carolyn has made many good suggestions worthheeding. She is very much like a bunny whisperer, for sheseems to have an affinity for communicating with them. If shesays something works, it probably will work for you, too.

Buck

Latest posts

Back