Easier ways to keep bunny area clean?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetFalcon

Reaction score
So right now, my bunnies have not been using their litter box as much. They pooped all over the floor, but they're on my balcony so it doesn't really smell. But there is bunny poop everywhere.

Can I use a vacuum to clean up bunny poop? Or what's the best way to deal with their mess?

I also been considering to get a larger trash can so its easier to dump the broom basket thing into the trash can lid. Like put the whole lid in rather than trying to aim for it and have it spill. My mom kinda hates industrial looking trash cans, but I think it may be easier when it comes to cleaning up. Thus holds more so I dont have to worry about space in trash can.

A photo would be helpful (poop and all ;) ) ---one that shows the kind of can you are using currently.

The poos don't have any odor anyway. I've used shop vacs but you may not need that...(that's why I'd like to see a photo).

I have a small dustpan to sweep up the poop. Of course I could spend all day cleaning after her she uses her litter box to pee and she poops in it when not eating. She’s free roam but her box food water and some of her many toys plus a bed are in an always open pen. I have a couple blankets then a layer of trash bags and a sheet on top. It’s easy to scoop the poop on a sheet. If she does pee on the sheet I change it and the layer of trash bags under it and the blankets are still clean! Luckily she is good about not messing outside the pen (as long as I keep her off my bed). That’s another story. I use small pet select paper litter only.

Attachments

• F14BAF49-BC69-4568-844E-676A6EEE7597.jpeg
    F14BAF49-BC69-4568-844E-676A6EEE7597.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 68435F3B-28E8-4743-BEC9-2752FAEDC1CD.jpeg
    68435F3B-28E8-4743-BEC9-2752FAEDC1CD.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 64
  • FE76701E-1E57-401C-93A4-0BADDB2C94A8.jpeg
    FE76701E-1E57-401C-93A4-0BADDB2C94A8.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 59
  • F9E79F0C-C24F-4371-8A04-D0A2D3CEF767.jpeg
    F9E79F0C-C24F-4371-8A04-D0A2D3CEF767.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 59
My rabbit never pees outside of the litter box, however, he once peed on a fleece blanket left on the floor. Could it be that the blanket is nice and soft, so your rabbit thinks it is a nice absorbent place to pee?

I have the hay rack hanging right over the litter box, it has made a big difference! Now there are very few poops anywhere but in her litter box, less than a small handful. I have the hay rack over the litterbox and the food pellets next to it so she can sit on the litter box for both. We have a small shop-vac that is designated for critters, maybe your mom would be more open to that than using her own vacuum? Mine was peeing in the box on a towel but once I started keeping the litter box cleaner (every day not every week) she has stopped going on the towel and only pees in the box. I hope this helps.

A photo would be helpful (poop and all ;) ) ---one that shows the kind of can you are using currently.

The poos don't have any odor anyway. I've used shop vacs but you may not need that...(that's why I'd like to see a photo).

Well, I actually looked around for a shop vac, or a wet / dry vacuum as they call it. Tried Craigslist, but then found out my parents had one in their office they left sitting around.

It made cleaning so much easier, I cleaned up about a months worth of poo in 5-10 minutes. It's just point and it's gone. Way better than sweeping into dustpan, pouring into trash can.

Before the entire floor they are penned in was filled with poo.

I have a small dustpan to sweep up the poop. Of course I could spend all day cleaning after her she uses her litter box to pee and she poops in it when not eating. She’s free roam but her box food water and some of her many toys plus a bed are in an always open pen. I have a couple blankets then a layer of trash bags and a sheet on top. It’s easy to scoop the poop on a sheet. If she does pee on the sheet I change it and the layer of trash bags under it and the blankets are still clean! Luckily she is good about not messing outside the pen (as long as I keep her off my bed). That’s another story. I use small pet select paper litter only.

Awewwwwwwww! She is sooooo cute!

Latest posts

Back