ear trouble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boskelli

Reaction score
Hello all,
Hoping someone can help me with this. Rabbit is about 2-3 months old. It has been eating/drinking fine appears to be active and 'normal' for a rabbit of it's age.
However, it has these 2 growths in the inner ear. The growth have appeared quite suddenly, they are not an injury, not botfly. The growths appear to be cystic in nature, arising under the skin of the inner ear. The growth in the one is is quite heave causing a lop ear, it also appears dark in places perhaps due to a heavy blood supply?
Anyone know what they are and treatment? My last vet bill cost a bundle so not overly keen to do that unless totally necessary. TIA, Sue

Attachments

• DSCF6001.JPG
    DSCF6001.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF6003.JPG
    DSCF6003.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 8
I’m sorry but you really will need to get to a vet again, there is absolutely no way of telling what it is from that photo.

I can't tell from the photo what might be going on either, but rabbits can get aural hematoma's, which might be a possibility. It would need vet treatment, but know that there's a possibility it can reoccur. Make sure your vet is rabbit savvy and knows how to treat the problem correctly. This old thread has photos of a rabbit that had it that you could compare and see if you're dealing with the same problem.
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/swollen-flemish-giant-ear-please-somebody-help.86284/

Thank you so much! It perfectly describes what rabbit has. Glad to hear it's not life threatening so I will take my time in finding a vet :)

Latest posts

Back