Ear tattoo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahspepper

Reaction score
I have a mini rex he's about 8 or 9 now, I adopted him when he was 3 years old. I don't know his birthday is. I adopted him from my local SPCA. I adopted him not neutered. Im just wondering why theres a "Y8" in his right ear. I don't know if he was a show rabbit in the past and I have no papers that came with him. So if someone can help me out what does "Y8" means that would mean a lot! Thanks!

He might’ve been a show rabbit. There’s no way to trace it unless he was registered with ARBA though. He may have been retired and petted out. We did that with ours.

You can try contacting ARBA and ask. Provide the tattoo, breed and variety to them. They have a website so you can get their email or contact information from there.

It would have been his breeders way of keeping track of their rabbit records. Some breeders tattoo their rabbits as a way to identify them.

We got a sweet little Mini Rex with "FS1" tatoo'ed in his ear. He was given away at a show in Stockton, CA., and came to us thru a friend. We couldn't find out any info relating to it so we think it was so that the breeder could keep track of registering at events. Don't really care though--happy and healthy is all we cared about, but I'm sure he was a show bunny as he was the best looking Chinchilla Mini Rex we ever have seen. We still have a full size Chin who is really nice looking we've had for almost 14 years now.

If it is indeed in the rabbits right ear then it is not a tattoo for the show table as they must
Be tattooed in the left ear and right ear is reserved for a reg number after the rabbit get GC ed but this
rabbit was probably only for
ID with the Rabbitry and breeder as it was not shown etc or tattoo in left ear would be there so looks like just for breeders information and reference and there is not anyway to track this except to keep asking if anyone knows what breeder with that breed of rabbits uses tattoos like y8 y could be initial for the Rabbitry name to I use F as first letter of all my tattoos it is the first letter of my Rabbitry name keep asking around your best bet

Latest posts

Back