Ear questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylovr

Reaction score
Hi! This rabbit is 8 weeks old mini rex and I am wondering if her ears are going to exceed the 3.5in requirement. Her ears are 3in

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_161110.jpg
    IMG_20200515_161110.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 8
I never raised mini Rex but I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up being too long when she’s old enough to show. We had the same problem with our Polish.

I would not be surprised, although in some lines the ears are the first things to grow so they have large ears. From this picture, the rabbit looks like a false dwarf... when I judge, usually long ears goes hand in hand with being over the weight limit, both signs of a false dwarf (or brood-type rabbit).

I would not be surprised, although in some lines the ears are the first things to grow so they have large ears. From this picture, the rabbit looks like a false dwarf... when I judge, usually long ears goes hand in hand with being over the weight limit, both signs of a false dwarf (or brood-type rabbit).
So do you think she will be a good brood doe or will she pass it on to her kits. Also what is a false dwarf??

Latest posts

Back