Ear mites?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayen

Reaction score
I noticed Briar really going at her ear earlier, so I gathered her up and looked in her ear and saw a fairly small roundish red rash-like mark half-way up her ear. She hasn't been shaking her head or even scratching at her ear an unusually high amount of time. When she does scratch it though, she really digs in there. She hasn't been scratching anywhere else, she's not missing any fur anywhere. Her ears feel a bit warm, but I'm not sure if that's because she was scratching at the area and then I was messing around checking them. Quinn, who lives with her, is acting normally. No red marks in his ears, no unusual scratching. Other than the red mark, her ears look normal. No crusty looking mess or any kind of discharge. She holds them both normally as well. She still eats like a pig and runs around being bad, so no real behavioural changes.

Rayen wrote:
I noticed Briar really going at her ear earlier, so I gathered her up and looked in her ear and saw a fairly small roundish red rash-like mark half-way up her ear. She hasn't been shaking her head or even scratching at her ear an unusually high amount of time. When she does scratch it though, she really digs in there. She hasn't been scratching anywhere else, she's not missing any fur anywhere. Her ears feel a bit warm, but I'm not sure if that's because she was scratching at the area and then I was messing around checking them. Quinn, who lives with her, is acting normally. No red marks in his ears, no unusual scratching. Other than the red mark, her ears look normal. No crusty looking mess or any kind of discharge. She holds them both normally as well. She still eats like a pig and runs around being bad, so no real behavioural changes.
have you ever heard of advantage/pesticide--orange box for cats and kittens.-it is expensive-,you can get it at farm supply stores cheaper than a dvm office-($60)-the directions must be followed to the letter,,for any insecticide misused can have fatal results--properly used fleas,eggs,ticks,mites,etc dead in a few hours--placement is critical--on the skin of the nap of the neck(behind the head)--hope this helps sincerely james waller

james waller wrote:
have you ever heard of advantage/pesticide--orange box for cats and kittens.-it is expensive-,you can get it at farm supply stores cheaper than a dvm office-($60)
My vet will let you purchase one dose at a time which is great especially when you have several pets who all need different dosages.

Thanks for the pictures/information. I'm going to keep an eye on both of them for the next few days to make sure they're not acting strangely. Their ears still seem clear and the red splotch I saw seems to have all but disappeared.

If it is mites, would kitten Revolution work the same for mites on rabbits? I've used it in the past on rats, and I remember it being very clean and quick to dry. It's extremely easy to get here, doesn't even take a vet appointment.

Latest posts

Back