Ear Mites

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaGal

Reaction score
It has been a long time. I have a rabbit with ear mites. In the past with other rabbits I have treated with ivermectin but this time I would like to treat with Revolution due to a wrist injury. Giving oral meds 3 times to a large and rambunctious rabbit may be next to impossible 😄 I was hoping someone could help me figure out the math for giving the correct amount of revolution. I am missing something somewhere. She is 12.3 lbs.

Long time! Good to have you back :)

Dosage for rabbits is 18mg/kg, three times the amount as for a dog or cat the same weight. For a 5.6kg(12.3lb) rabbit, that's about 100mg. Depending on if you're giving the cat formulation(60mg/ml) or dog(120mg/ml), it would be about 1.7ml of the cat one, or 8.5ml of the dog. And as with any medication, you should always triple check calculations to ensure they're correct before administering/applying, and if in any doubt, best to contact your vet for the proper dosage.

Medirabbit: ear mites

Thank you JBun. I was hoping you were still around. I am planning on contacting my vets but wanted to be able to quadruple check the dosage myself.

Latest posts

Back