Ear cyst?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaimeh761

Reaction score
My mini Rex has a small perfectly circular hard bump on the external side of his left ear. Based on what's I can tell it looks like a cyst. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. I will be calling his vet of course, but just curious if anyone else has dealt with this and what the treatment was? I feel like I am about to spend hundreds to be told to apply some ivermectin to it or something. 20221106_205208.jpg

They will probably drian the cyst, by lancing or with a thicker syringe, and give you betadine diluted solution to flush it while it heals. They may also give you antibiotics for him. Ivermectin is for parasites, so if it's not a bug it won't help. Depending on how big it is, your comfort level, and the cysts location, and your experience, you can attempt self treatment, or just take him in. If you have a vet near that you trust, it might just be easier

If it's not causing any problems, getting bigger, or looking sore, I don't know if it's something that would need any sort of treatment. I had a lop rabbit with a similar sort of tiny bump in his ear. It never caused any problems or got worse for the 5 years he was with me and until he passed at 10 yrs old. But if it's something you have concerns about, or if it gets worse, definitely have your vet take a look at it.

Latest posts

Back