Dying rabbit please help.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strawberrypieparade

Reaction score
Today my cat brought in a bunny. its VERY young. i'd say about 3 weeks or so. he tore a part of the hair on its back off. we have been applying cream to it (which im not sure if thats the right thing to do). i have no prior experience with bunnies. But his head is leaning to the side and i think his back may be broken. his left leg is also hurt somehow. does he have any chance at survival? whats the best way to treat his open wound? how do i fix a broken back/leg at home? and how do i even know if its a boy?!?!?!!? please help.

If this s a wild rabbit, is there any way you could get it to a wildlife rehabber? Or phone a vet? It sounds like this bunny needs medical care, more than just for the wound. There's no way to know if it can survive without a thorough exam to determine the extent of it's injuries. In the very least it will likely need to be on a rabbit safe antibiotic, it may need the wound stitched, it likely needs to be administered sub q fluids if it's dehydrated, and it will need regular feeds of the appropriate food for a wild rabbit that age. And if it's critically injured, the most humane thing would be for the vet to pts and not let it suffer needlessly. So please contact a rabbit vet and/or wildlife rehabber(if a wild and not feral domestic rabbit).

https://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/83977.html
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

It wasn't stated that the bunny is wild or domestic, I agree with above that in any case if you will be trying to help it at home and given you have no experience the chances are very slim and it would be best to get in touch with professionals asap. If you could post a picture we could possibly tell you more, but also you can send some pics to rehabbers or vets so they can see what situation is.

Latest posts

Back