Dwarf Hotot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
The DwarfHotot is a interesting breed with personality plus. They area compact rabbit with a maximum weight of 3lbs. They are to be poseddown, with the highest point on the body just in front of the hip. Theyshould have a full round head with no visible neckbetweenhead and body.Really impressivelittle bunny - all white coats with the exception of the boldeye bands which are to bea thickness equaling twopennies.
Theresa Stevens, CSS Rabbitry

Sr. Bucks & Does - 6 months ofage and over, max weight 3 lbs. Ideal weight 2 1/2 lbs.

Jr. Bucks & Does - under 6 monthsof age. Max weight 2 1/2 lbs. min weight 1 1/4 lbs

Pure white body with black eye-bands

American Dwarf Hotot Rabbit Club

Sharon Toon

4061 Tremont Ave

Egg Harbor, NJ 08234

(609) 641-8839

Email [email protected]
[email protected]

http://www.adhrc.com/

PICTURE FROMmailto:[email protected]?subject=FromLaReau Lops site

i bred these little guys small scale (1 buck, 3does) for around 4 years. these rabbits are adorable. they are purewhite with black eyebands (but also come with blue and chocolatecolored eyebands as well). they are very playfull and do need toys (oneof my does, emma, was so in love with her show curtain rings that shewould bring them into the nestbox with her to play while nursing alitter, i would clean the box out and find more rings then babies init!). they are known to gain weight quickly and easily and are alsoknown to be little pigs!

in litters you get babies that are standard marked (white witheyerings), dutch marked babies, babies with black spots, and othermismarks (sometimes a baby with only 1 eyering).

dwarf hotots have gotten a bad rep for being hostel little bitters.when i bought emma (my first dwarf hotot) a breeder commented thatdwarf hotots should come with a sticker that said "ouch, it won't letgo!". i had never had a mean dwarf hotot until a homebred boy namedlevi reached 6 months of age and snapped and became so mean that in theend he was put down (we couldn't even get into his cage, he was set tokill anything that came near him, if you got within 10 feet of hishutch- he was housed in a large outdoor hutch full of toys and boxes toplay in- he would go into a fit).

EDIT: sorry, photos wouldn't post in the small size, i will post them again. . .maybe it will work!

chance.jpg

Yanha's Take a Chance (aka chance), standard sr. buck, weight 2 1/5 pounds

only photo that would get smaller for me. . .stupid photobucket!

Latest posts

Back