Dutchess went onto her back-?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwebster

Reaction score
Today, while outside, Dutchess flopped onto her back with her feet in the air for half a minute. She then righted herself. Should i be concerned?

If she's otherwise acting normally, I wouldn't be concerned. It's just an overly energetic flop, that throws them over further than they estimated, and the rabbit ends up on their back instead of their side, and they usually correct their position pretty quickly. Though there are a few rare rabbits that actually like to flop and sleep on their back. I've had a few baby rabbits that did.

I’ve had my bunny throw himself into a flop so hard, he rolled almost completely back onto his feet again. He was extremely disgruntled by it. Then he went back into a sunbeam for a redo and flopped less hard (so he was on his side).

The other day I watched my bun arranged his bedding in his hidey till it was just right before flopping on his back for a sweet nap. It was soooo cute. He looked like a little person! Haha. Bunnies are so funny!

Attachments

• B3E7BB7D-A07E-4306-85E1-8F60415F268F.jpeg
    B3E7BB7D-A07E-4306-85E1-8F60415F268F.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back