Due to my health issues I need to rehome my rabbit..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystical

Reaction score
I feel so guilty, I have had him for 2 years. He is a good buck. But the Rheumatoid arthritis in my hands is making it hard for me to give him the care he needs. I love him enough to give him to a new owner. But I am torturing myself by thinking how will he feel, what will he think, will they protect him as much as I do" I could not find anyone to take him so I called Feeder Supply, they said they would keep him and they price him higher so that only people who really want him will spend money on him. Am I doing the right thing? My hands have twisted so much that I don't even feel like watching tv with him anymore. Sitting in a cage with no one to touch or love on him or play with him is not a good life.

I feel so guilty, I have had him for 2 years. He is a good buck. But the Rheumatoid arthritis in my hands is making it hard for me to give him the care he needs. I love him enough to give him to a new owner. But I am torturing myself by thinking how will he feel, what will he think, will they protect him as much as I do" I could not find anyone to take him so I called Feeder Supply, they said they would keep him and they price him higher so that only people who really want him will spend money on him. Am I doing the right thing? My hands have twisted so much that I don't even feel like watching tv with him anymore. Sitting in a cage with no one to touch or love on him or play with him is not a good life.
Aww i'm so so sorry :(
Do you know anyone who can take in a rabbit?
Someone you trust

I have asked several people at church, work, vet offices, I even asked family members, but no one seems to want to take in my little boy. I finally called Feeder Supply.

I have asked several people at church, work, vet offices, I even asked family members, but no one seems to want to take in my little boy. I finally called Feeder Supply.
Oh , sorry i didn't realise you already put that .
I'd rather you call zooh corner rabbit rescue , my rabbit has previusly had babies , and had more recently .. As the vet i went to to get him neutered , i thought he was neutered , but then i found out she was pregnant!]
THANKS VETS FOR NOT NEUTERING HIM WHEN I PAYED.
I hope this helps :)

I don't know anything about rescue organizations in Indiana, but if Feeder Supply is the best you can do, than you are doing the right thing. Here we have the Humane Society. People go in and fill out paperwork to buy a pet, but they don't do background checks or check where the animal will be living. They just ask questions and there is the expectation that the animal will be given a good home. The advantage of the HS over a place like Feeder Supply is that animals get a vet check up before and after being adopted. It is very hard to give away a much loved pet. I think that Feeder Supply really has the best interest of your rabbit in mind by putting a higher price on him. Sometimes we need to trust others to do what we cannot. So sorry you have to go through this. I think that the chance of your buck finding a good home is a good one.

Latest posts

Back