Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amfa

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 5 months old mini lop. I've noticed that sometimes the skin on her ears becomes flaky, but only in one certain place (this blue lined area). The vet checked it - no fungus, no mange, very clean ears inside - just this flaky skin. She has been scratching her ears since I have her (2 months) but not very often - just you know, couple times a day and that's all. It doesn't seem to bother her, it bothers me as an owner 😣
So I was wondering - has anyone experienced that with his rabbit?
It is my first animal, I worry about her so much although everything seems to be ok... Screenshot_20200410_223100_com.android.gallery3d.jpgIMG_20200410_223654.jpg

The dog/cat vet wouldn't know anything about what it was or could be. I would watch it for several days, but if it gets worse let us know.

The dog/cat vet wouldn't know anything about what it was or could be. I would watch it for several days, but if it gets worse let us know.
[/
He is not an exotic vet, but he has experience with rabbits, I know it because my friends who had rabbits always took them to him and he helped. So I just trusted him
I read this link but hmmm, there are no other symptoms and ear canals are definitely clean. that doesn't sound like mites. And besides, how can rabbit catch mites? I mean, she is an indoor rabbit
hope it won't get worse :(

Latest posts

Back